Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Off season adventures

134K views 2K replies 74 participants last post by  Scottygvsu 
#1 ·
I think we need a place to hang out peacefully during our warm weather adventures. I really tried to step outside, but just constantly run into negativity amongst sportsman. I believe I am not alone and would like to see what all the darkhouse guys do spring, summer and fall. Give us a reason to hide out in the Darkhouse again :lol:

#5 · (Edited)
Will pull a boat up and get it prepped soon.
Leaning towards better mega pike hunting still, but fish other species too.

Made it out swinging a metal detector today, one silver coin scored for the highlite. Something that is a pretty regular activity for me in the spring and some in the summer, depending on leads.
Summer will be time to mount a rangefinder one the newer cross bow and get it dialed in.
Firearms at the range time coming up also.
Always yardwork to try to dodge, but inevitably....someone has to do it.

#6 ·
I've been scouting turkeys and still working on decoy orders, I'm going to be teaching a friend how to forge soon and the first project will be forging a spear from an old 6 time pitch fork, so that should be a fun project.

#7 ·
Waiting for ice-out up here. Once that happens...chasing Bluegills from my kayak on small, hard to access lakes takes place. Also chasing early season Browns with planer boards, when wind conditions permit, is a favorite also.
Yard work and home projects comes next, along with squeezing in a late season turkey hunt here and there.
Summer sucks, as far as I'm concerned. Will be filling in at work, for those that take their vacation time during summer.
Then Fall.....Ahhhhhh. :lol: Too many activities to list.
Then back to the Hardwater!!! WooHoo!!!

#8 ·
Will be banding woodcock and turkey hunting. Bluegill fishing will last into July. Maybe a trip to southern Indiana when the white bass run.

In the process of getting Power of Attorney/guardianship for my elderly uncle. Once that goes through I'll be remodeling his/my house and finishing the one I'm in. Add Dad's cancer treatment at Ann Arbor VA for next 7 weeks, and helping get his affairs in order.

Busy, busy, busy.

#9 ·
Water Cloud Sky Watercraft Vehicle

This will be my new view for the next 5 months. Which isn't all that bad either. And I like your idea on staying in the darkhouse forum Brant. Too much complaining in the other forums. Heck I got to meet Martian for the first time and it was because we both shared similar interests in maple syrup. No reason why our passions for other sports can't just exist in the friendliest forum.

Attachments

#10 ·
That's a great view! I have 4 riggers and have never mounted them. I'm too chicken to take my 16.5'er on the big lake.
The next couple months are busy for me. Have a DU banquet to put on, a garden to tend, a beer league softball team to babysit, and little league games to watch in 4 counties. I try to get the boat out at least one morning on the weekends. As much to justify having it as anything.

#12 ·
View attachment 76954
This will be my new view for the next 5 months. Which isn't all that bad either. And I like your idea on staying in the darkhouse forum Brant. Too much complaining in the other forums. Heck I got to meet Martian for the first time and it was because we both shared similar interests in maple syrup. No reason why our passions for other sports can't just exist in the friendliest forum.

That's what I'm talking about!

#19 ·
Man I didn't realize how few pics I have from out there. Here's a couple though. Some hog kings, a beautiful sunset, and a pic of Clifford. It's an old boat but gets the job done!
Cloud Water Sky Surf fishing Angling
Food Fin Grey Fish Seafood
Water Cloud Sky Fluid Afterglow
Water Sky Boat Vehicle Naval architecture

Attachments

#23 ·
Ironically the pic I loaded was a trip mr.crean was supposed to join us on last October. But he drank too much the night before. It's ok Jason. The kids and wife had a blast reeling in all those steelies. And I may offer up a trip again. 🐟