Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Hk p30 sk

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NEMichsportsman 
#1 ·
Anyone handled or shot the new p30 sub kompact yet??

#2 ·
Does it really exist? lol
I hear they are trickling into stores and flying out. Guys that work at a local store say they have never seen one because the few they have gotten are never there for more than a coupe hours.

#5 ·
I'd sure like to try one out!!! I love my P30 but it is not always the easiest choice for carry.

#6 ·
The P30 is basically, at its core, a P2000. The frame, exterior and ergonomics are a new design. The action and mechanicals are virtually identical to the P2000.

With that said, my service weapon in the USBP was the H&K P2000 in 40SW and it was an excellent weapon sans the LEM trigger. You want to look for a V3 or V0 with the DA/SA and de-cocker lever, in my opinion. Trigger pull drops to 4.5lbs in SA on these two models.

#7 ·
The P30 is basically, at its core, a P2000. The frame, exterior and ergonomics are a new design. The action and mechanicals are virtually identical to the P2000.

With that said, my service weapon in the USBP was the H&K P2000 in 40SW and it was an excellent weapon sans the LEM trigger. You want to look for a V3 or V0 with the DA/SA and de-cocker lever, in my opinion. Trigger pull drops to 4.5lbs in SA on these two models.
My P30 is a V1 "light LEM" in 40SW. I do like it a lot it has an amazing ergo fit to my hand after I swapped around the various combos. I just think I might like the size of the P30 SK better while concealed.

BTW I am guessing you get some practice ammo issued so it might not be as big of a deal for you??... I picked up an EFK Firedragon Barrel in 9mm and managed a couple 9mm mags as well for practice. Definitely makes training a bit cheaper and easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.