Hardy dam pond camping?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Migunner, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Does anyone know if there are primitive campsites available on hardy pond? I go to a primitive sites on the au sable river, foote dam, every year and was looking to go somewhere new. I can't find any info online as to whether or not there are sites available right on the pond. Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. brower park and sandy beach are the 2 campgrounds there. brower has a lot of spots, don't know if they are right on the water, but they are easily walking distance.

3. Newago State Park is pretty primitive.
  4. The vast majority of land around Hardy is owned by Consumers Power. While you can access the land, you cannot build fires or camp overnight.
  5. Yup
  6. Newaygo State Park is a nice area and has a boat launch that you can park your boat at, normally within walking distance depending on your campsite
  7. Newago SP is the only one as far as I know.

8. never really did like there launch, it seems like the channel you launch in gets pretty slimy green at times
  9. The water is still about a foot or so low so be careful.
  10. Ive camped at Sandy Beach, they have a group camping area in the back, about as primitive as the place gets, and the name doesnt really hold true. Not too much of a sandy beach there. But, I still had a good time. Its no National Forest camping by any means, but its what you make of it.
  11. I know that Wolverine World Wide Corporation owns approximately 12 campsites at Hardy Pond (for employees and their families to use). Not sure if there are any other campsites around that area.