Gold Cap Reels

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by BigDan, Sep 9, 2004.

1. I would like to buy a couple wire line trolling reels. The one's I had 20 years ago were Gold Cap. Anyone know if they are still available and if so where I can buy them or if there is a better reel out there I would appreciate suggestions.
    Thanks, Dan

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have A&S reels and where told they are the best. The gears are supposed to be better then Gold Caps. You might want to ask the Geroos of hand lining like Ed Micherina, They will be able to give you real accurate info.

Peace

Mushy1

3. Mushy,
    Where can you buy / look at A&S reels
    Dan

4. Thanks for the input, bought a couple A&S reels from Lakeside.

5. I agree with Gone Fishing, I have a couple of each and prefer the A&S. Talk about inflation, bought the A&S about 1987 for about $70.00. At that time they were made downriver, I believe Lincolin Park. Can't remember ever having a problem with the E&S. My sons get more use out of them now then I do. :yikes:

6. Yea Dick, I was pretty shocked when I saw the price too. I don't remember what I payed for mine but it wasn't $160. I think I did pay close to that for my St. Clair but it is all machined parts (no stampings) with precision machined steel gears. Nice piece but I have no idea where to find them now.