FFL License?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by MIoutdoorsjunkie, Jan 19, 2008.

1. I am sure there are a few FFL guys on this site. I just wanted to get some info on obtaining a FFL License (Mostly out ouf curiosity) How hard is is? What are the legal requirements? Do you have to have a store front/website? etc etc. If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me some info that would be great.

Thanks
    Jeff

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pretty hard to get an FFL without a storefront....they have been cracking down on the basement-dealers.

A C&R license is obtainable without a storefront.

Here is some more info:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#c

3. Best way to describe it is inviting them to invade your butthole whenever they please without lubrication.

Seriously...if you dont have a lead on 1000 of the best deals of the century, why would you want it anyway? The only guys making money at the gun shows anymore are the guys that have storefronts and are using the gun show more as advertisement. If you are just looking to buy guns at wholesale, make friends with some guys that are dealers and see what they can do for you.

4. That pretty well sums it up.

I had one from the mid 80's to the mid 90's but all the thinngs that went into effect when Clinton was in office pretty well made it cost prohibitive.
    Rarely got over 10% over cost from anyone.
    For the cost, what little profit there was, the paperwork & record keeping and giveing up any right to privacy or home invasion I could aquire firearms myself paying slightly over cost from another dealer, makes me sleep better.

Wally

5. Same here - multiple visits from BATF (only one mistake in over 10 years). Their final visit was to tell me I HAD to have a store front. Figured that was the finale and quit the business. Sold mostly to high end clients and never any fishy dealings. I will say the BATF always treated me well and the agent was no doubt forced to make me quit. Unless you plan to open a store, I would take the guys advice. Good luck in your decision.

6. 30 plus years and never had a problem.