1. Hello all, I have a few questions that were just brought to my attention and thought I better get some help on figuring them out. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    I am hunting in unit 487 and I see in the manual that if you have a combo license that you can shoot either a buck if it has 3 points on one side or a doe. Am I reading this right? Thanks again for your help!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Yes. For the firearm season in 487 the unrestricted combo tag is for a buck with a minimum 3 points to a side or an antlerless. The restricted tag is for a buck with a minimum 4 points to a side or an anterless.

#2 brookie1, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. I am pretty sure that we read in the Hunting Guide this weekend that you can even use your restricted tag on a doe during arhery or firearm season.
    <----<<<

4. Either combo can take a doe in ARCHERY only.

5. No, that is incorrect for DMU 487.

Let's make this perfectly clear.

In DMU 487, the combo license (both tags) can be used to harvest antlerless deer during firearms, archery or muzzleloading season. An antlerless deer is defined as having antlers less than 3" in length.

If used on an antlered buck, the unrestricted tag can be used for a buck that has at least 3 points on one side and the restricted tag on bucks with at least 4 points on one side. The tags can be used in any order.

An archery license can be used to harvest either an antlered deer with at least on antler 3" or longer or an antlerless deer, during archery season.

A firearms license can be used to harvest either an antlered deer with at least on antler 3" or longer or an antlerless deer, during firearms and muzzleloading season.

The firearms, archery or combination license cannot be used to harvest an antlerless deer during the early or late antlerless firearms season in DMU 487, the only valid tag that can be used during that season is an antlerless tag.

6. I wonder how many spikes got tagged? a bunch I'll bet

7. Why do you think there were a bunch of spikes tagged in 487?

8. I seen a couple spikes with shorter than 3" spikes tagged as antlerless this year.

9. There was one hanging on the buck pole in Glennie last week.

10. That's why it's called "antlerless permit" not doe permit.

11. Aw jeez i got dmu 486 and 487 mixed up. Didnt mean to spread disinformation.