Deer Processing in Oxford or Lapeer?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by hicky40cmu, Sep 14, 2010.

1. For the last few years I have used Franciscos (in Metamora just north of Oxford) or done my own processing. I have heard from a couple people they are not butchering deer this year though and I just called them and the phone was disconnected. Anybody have any recommendations for a good local deer butcher in North Oakland County or South Lapeer County?

Mine as well get this figured out now instead of waiting til the deer is in the back of the truck.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Country Smoke House is in Imlay City I believe. I think that's near Lapeer.

3. Right now that is the best option that I know of but Im hoping for something closer. Have to admit, I have been spoiled the last few years with Franciscos right up the road.
  4. If you have processed your own in the past I would continue to do so. When you take your deer to a processor more often than not the deer meat that you get back is not your own. Especially your ground meat when they are grinding the venison they are grinding a bunch at one time not just your deer individually. I don't know about you but I have seen how some off the hunters out there take care of their venison after the kill and I wouldn't want that junk mixed in with the meat that I feed my family. Get a couple of buddies together and purchase a grinder and a vacuum sealer and do it yourself. When we do it we have a lot of fun and save a bunch of money.
  5. Yeah, my buddy has the grinder and vaccum sealer and we have everything to do it. For the amount of time it would take me to deliver and pick up the deer at the smoke house I could do it myself. I just like having the back up plan in case I dont have time. With the doe I shot last year it was still rather warm out and I wouldnt have been able to get to it for a couple of days. Was just hoping somebody knew of a butcher in the area, in case it was needed.
  6. Another that is a good choice that I have used the past couple years is H & S Market in Lapeer, they also make GREAT Venison Summer sausage with cheese.
  7. There is a great butcher in Hadley off or Pratt rd. just west of down town Hadley right on the curves there. I have used them in the past and know a few others that use them and are VERY happy with them.

There names are Steve and Sherry and both are in the meat packing industry for a living...they have a nice set up at their house and do a ton of deer each year.

Not sure where you are coming from, but they are located about half way between M-15 and the town of Hadley.

Telephone is 810-797-4649 Steve or Sherry

I called them the other day and they will be up and running for the EAS and have the cooler to let em hang.
  8. Excellent, Hadley is pretty close by. Thanks for the information.