CVA Serial Number???

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by DartonShooter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I just bought a new CVA Wolf .50 and cannot find a serial number anywhere on the gun or in the box it came in. Where do I find the serial number? I called the customer service number and got a recording that the offices are closed and to call back during regular hours (8-4 EST) - I called at 12:45.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Should be on the barrel near the breach. should look like xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx

3. I know, you'd think so huh. But it's not there!

4. I just talked to my dad he says if its not on the barrel it will be under the forearm.

5. Yeah, I didn't check there. I thought that would be a dumb place to put the serial number, but I'll check for it there in a bit. Gotta go get some anti-sieze grease for the breech plug, didn't know I needed it.

6. frontier gander

under the forearm

7. Well thanks everybody- it was under the forearm. That is the dumbest place for a serial number-ever. BTW- still have not heard from CVA. Sent them an email about it last night and called today. No answer on either. kinda makes me a little worried about what their customer service is like.:dizzy::dizzy:

8. frontier gander

no its not dumb, its to keep eyes from stealing your serial number / warranty. I thought they were closed today?

9. Why would they be closed today? That would explain why they didn't answer the phone or email though. I haven't bought a new gun since 1986, and didn't know they're hiding the serial numbers. Are they doing that on all the guns now?

10. frontier gander

cva does on every muzzleloader except for the Apex and thats due to it being able to have a centerfire barrel on it.