Butt-Out Tool for mature deer?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Manthus, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Manthus

Manthus Banned

Guys,

I've got about a 50% success rate with this tool...it seems that the more mature the deer, the less the butt-out tool works...2.5 year old and older, this thing goes in, and comes right back out. Any ideas on how I could modify this or make it work better? I really don't see how I can coin this other than bigger deer have bigger buttholes, and this butt-out tool seems to be for small buttholed deer...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. With a small, sharp knife the buttout tool is unnecessary.

3. I have always just searched for a piece of timber laying on the ground. I lug enough stuff out in the woods with me

4. Ieatantlers

Ieatantlers Banned

Buy a butt out tool from Illinois. Their 'standard' size is our 'magnum'.

5. You using Butt-out 2.0 with depth stop? :lol:

6. Manthus

Manthus Banned

I think I am still running 1.0? Maybe that is my problem...

"I have always just searched for a piece of timber laying on the ground. I lug enough stuff out in the woods with me"

I agree - where there's a will, there's a way.

"With a small, sharp knife the buttout tool is unnecessary"...

Ahh yes, but with a finely tuned butt-tool, a small, sharp knife is unnecessary too.

#6 Manthus, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  7. Not if the small, sharp knife is your only sharp knife.;)
    BTW... what are you feeding your deer? You may need to add certain suppliments...

Attached Files:

#7 triplelunger, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015

8. :SHOCKED:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. Manthus

Manthus Banned

SBOOY: I think you might be confused, I have an Out, not an In issue ya weirdo:tdo12:

10. I have Buttout 1.0, and have used it for four seasons now.

The only failures I have had have been on fawns, where the delicate anal cavity simply rips. It's worked like a charm on does and bucks 4.5+ years of age.

I like the tool; it is much faster and easier than my old method of slicing around the anus with a knife.

11. :lol::lol:
    Sorry I'm really bored and itch'n to get started on my 3 day weekend

12. I've said it before about this tool... I shoot a lot of doe's and until they make a double headed version, I'm not buying one.

13. Manthus

Manthus Banned

me too - I wasn't sure how to approach my Boss about leaving ASAP

14. I shoot a few does... and I just use the same head twice, no need for a double headed one.

As for it not being big enough - keep twisting until you feel it bind.