Best frozen, pre-formed, burger patties?

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by luv2havemoartime, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Without expaining why, this is what I need, a BUNCH for deer camp. Anyone know of good, frozen, big burger patties?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. whatever you do, DO NOT get the white, red and blue box at meijer..... Texture and taste is NASTY, first ingredient is beef hearts. I like organ meat just as much as the next guy, but not in burgers....

3. Can't recommend ANY burgers yet - although I've looked too, even the pricey Bubba Burgers.
    They all taste freezer burnt and like phony meat substitutes.

I WILL recommend Walmart's Great Value frozen precooked sausage patties, big enough to fit a bisquit or muffin (3 1/2"d). Nuke them or heat in a pan for a couple minutes. I premake a couple at night with a nuked scrambled egg, add cheese. 2 minute reheat = breakfast on the way out the door. 2 lb recloseable bag, about 14-16(?) patties = $4.32. Several flavors, original(very good), spicy and maple (haven't tried).

4. bubba-burger.com

Only had them one time, but they were surprisingly good for a frozen patty burger.

5. Gordon Food Service burgers are decent.

6. There's a box of 50 at GFS that come pre-cooked that are surprisingly good. No shrinkage.

7. Gordon Foods has some good ones

8. There is NO good frozen premade anything
    Burger is only a $1 per pound so you'd be better off pat'n your own.

Beside no hunter in their right mind would bring frozen food to a deer camp.
    Wudda ya think'n????:SHOCKED:

9. The angus patties at Gordon food service.

10. costco 1/3 lbers are pretty darn good if i do say so myself, as are the sams club version.

11. Just buy a few cases of frozen White Castles and heat 'em up by the fire, not as good as the fresh ones, but they'll work.

12. Gotta respectfully disagree with this.

I LOVE Original Bubba Burgers.

I see someone posted the URL above for them, but you can also usually find them at Meijer.

13. +1 - we used to cook them for the kids' football games and they're pretty good.

14. luv2, Stop in at the GFS near Pontiac Lake Rd & M59, across from Miejers. ;)

15. We tried Bar (can't remember the letter) Burgers once. Pure crap, if you see it run!

I pattie my own a vacuum seal them. Add some worcestershire sauce, pepper, montreal. :corkysm55