Any pickle recipes?

Discussion in 'Other' started by duckman#1, Aug 22, 2005.

1. sfw1960

Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I did about 80-90 jars , my patch is winding down and I bet the farm market is getting near done too....

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. sfw1960

iZZ!T 'd@T Time agin???

[​IMG]

IZZIT????

[​IMG]

#92 sfw1960, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  3. Oh geez, I've gotta find room in the fridge for a few jars. I wish I had a small extra fridge so I could really stock up. I may have to hit CL or some garage sales and see if I can find a small dorm size one.

I LOVE THESE PICKLES!!!

John

4. I'm gonna take a pic of the inside of my fridge tonight...:dizzy: I already have 5 batches of pickled peppers, 3 batches of pickles,, and I just picked about 30 new cukes...

And my kitchen smells like a giant DOUCHE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Made first 6 quarts yesterday, heres three of them. Made them last year too, and forgot to post about them. They are AWESOME, everybody wants some when i make them. Thanks sfw1960 for sharing such a great recipe, much appreciated.
    [​IMG]

6. You guys just need to make sure you head the warnings that came with that pickle recipe (Robert did post the warning didn't he??):tdo12:

It was from eating those pickles, for years, that caused Robert's hair to first kink up and then fall out.:yikes: Doctors suspect (but have don't yet have irrefutable evidence) that the rest of his abnormalities were brought on by that recipe as well.:evilsmile

7. sfw1960

Thanks Billy - I love the smell!!
    LOL!

They look AWESOME, thanks!

It's posts from guys like this:

That make it EASY to ignore posts from a PUTz like this!!
    :lol: :lol:

How the hell are ya EddY???

:evilsmile

RAS

#97 sfw1960, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  8. Robert, these are the absolute best pickles I have ever made or tasted. I soaked the pickles in cold water over night but I added Alum to the water and they turned out very crisp.
    Thanks for your recipe.

#98 fathom this, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  9. Stolen from my computer at work. If you try the second one, you might want to scale it down...unless you REALLY like pickled cauliflower.

Bread and Butter Pickles:

4 Quarts Sliced Cucumbers
    6 Each White Onions thin slices
    1/3 Cup Coarse Salt
    3 Cup Sugar
    1 ½ Teaspoon Turmeric
    1 ½ Teaspoon Celery Seed
    2 Tablespoons Mustard Seed
    3 Cups White Vinegar

Method:

• Combine Ingredients
    • Heat to a boil to dissolve sugar
    • Pour over cucumbers and onion
    Store in Fridge for 3-7 days.

Pickled Cauliflower

Ingredients:

2 Cases Cauliflower
    1 Quart Oil
    5 Gallon White Vinegar
    1 Gallon Water
    1 Cup Pickling Spice
    1 Dozen Hungarian Peppers
    5 Cups Sugar

Method:

• Heat water, sugar, pickling spice, and 3 gallons of vinegar until sugar dissolves.
    • Take off heat add the rest of the ingredients.
    • Pour over cauliflower.
    • Cover and put in cooler for 24 hours.

10. sfw1960

You're welcome!
    You really don't need the alum, the best is using all VERY fresh ingredients!
    RAS
    Just try mine next season Chris, you'll be surprised - I guarantee it.

RAS:fish2:

11. Raz is it Time???????
    Posted via Mobile Device

12. Now why did you have to go and wake him up???:dizzy:

13. sfw1960

They have started, I have been too busy with work to even goof with them and I need to at least make a friends & family batch which should be pretty small,especially Ed - he won't be getting any!
    :lol:

I have NOT been sleeping Ed - I've been watching you - thinking about reporting you to Mike wells about what you do with all those stinky beavers after you get them in that dark garage....:evilsmile

14. I'll give it a try

fish, hunt, get outside and be happy.

15. I am going to try this recipe this weekend. So you cool the brine over night then put it into the jars? I read a similar recipe that calls for the brine to be hot. If this way works best I will try it. I also plan on making a batch off pickled carrots as well. YUM!!!