All you habitat guru's????

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by mich buckmaster, Apr 17, 2012.

1. My grandparents had Tony Lapratt to their property, which I was there for the consultation. And I had Sturgis at mine. I've also been to Jakes property at the habitat day last August, and I am a member of Whitetail Ambush Secrets.

If you have questions about them PM me and i'll give you my opinions on them. Each one has something different to offer imo

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I know time constraints are upon you but if a consultant is out of the question get a copy of "Grow 'Em Right" by Craig & Neil Dougherty plus a copy of Ed Spin's food plot book. Both of them are a must have for anyone building their hunting property into a paradise. You can both of them from QDMA or Amazon. They are an easy read but very informative.

3. I think I will get some quotes with a couple of these consultants, but after a lot of research we have a REAL good plan down, just wanted to hear WHAT you would plant. White clover mix with a few others and legumes will be one of our plots with some beans as well. I am like a little kid in a candy store, because this is the FIRST time I have been able to be part of creating a piece of property and making a deer MECA!!!!!!!

4. Don't forget to add in some annual clovers when you establish your perennial plots. Berseem clover comes up quick and is a good attractant.

5. These power/pipelines are 30 yards wide and over a half mile long. I walked all three and cant wait to start plotting. I am looking for someone to come walk it with me soon.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine