Originally Posted by Xstream Outfitters
1) Lots of public land to walk
2) I won't have a dog to help
3) Timing .... what time of the season is better
4) Safety. I don't want an area that is too vast w/o roads in case I get lost
5) Lodging. I am looking for a nice place to stay
6) Closer to the bridge might be better so that I don't have as far of a drive
7) Possibly away from bear hunters so that I don't disturb them
1) Most counties have plenty of "public" hunting land
2) I'd time it so you can hunt with someone with a dog- more grouse and more fun
3) I'd go after the first good frost to take out some of the bugs
4) Good luck on that... buy a GPS and a compass
5) I'd personally tent out so you can get up and go... and trout fish for lunch
6) Lodging will be much more expensive close to the bridge...
7) You may want to check the bear forum and see if there is an area or a time of year that certain counties are less active... I know nothing about bear hunting
If your looking to get grouse and have a good time. You may want to save some gas and consider next years "m-s grouse hunt" Plent of good folks with good dogs to hunt behind.