Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > General Michigan Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Michigan Hunting General discussion on Michigan hunting not covered in other forums.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Guide

Default Italian muzzleloader

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
I was looking at a job today and noticed a muzzleloader in the rafters of the garage. I ask the home owner about it and to make a long story short I bought it for $10. The barrel is marked with FIE Italy . It is missing the nipple, ramrod and a ramrod holder ring (this is the best I can decribe it). If someone has any info on the gun or where I could find some it would be helpful. I have searched the web and have found very little so maybe I will have better luck here.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Michiganiac

Photos: 181Users Photo Gallery
Default Italian muzzle loaders

were pretty common. A lot of companies had italian gunmakers make guns for them.
I have a Cabela's Sporterized hawken made in Italy.
You should be able to get the things you need for it at any place that has a decent number of muzzle loading accesories.
May want to have a gunsmith look at it, make sure no one has left a cheage in it for years or the barrel could be to heavily corroded to use, then it will be one to hang over the fire place for decoration only.
Remove this ad...  
Old 12-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Michiganiac

Photos: 10Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Rupestris

FIE was a firearm importer based in Miami, FL in the '80s. They were much like the current EAA corp. Most of their imports were rather inexpensive firearms. Remington Nylon 66 knock-offs made in Brazil, Rifles made in turkey, czech, russia, single-shot shotguns from brazil, etc...
I wouldn't doubt that they imported some muzzle loaders as well. As far as I know, everything they imported could be clasified as "entry level" or "economy" firearms.
HTH,
Chris