Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Trading Post > Sell - Buy - Trade Hunting and Fishing Goods
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sell - Buy - Trade Hunting and Fishing Goods Read only copies of all items posted in the classifieds section of this website. You can now auction items, rate sellers, and more!

Old 01-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Guide

Photos: 10Users Photo Gallery
Default Zercom ClearWater Classic flasher

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Here is a very good (and affordable) alternative to the Vex FL-8. I bought this unit used two years ago and believe it to be 4-5 years old. The unit has a newer battery (replaced just before I bought it). There are a couple small scratches, not visible in the pics, in the black area (between the 6 & 8) that have been filled in with a black marker. Comes with charger and original instruction book. $100 + shipping to your location.

The ClearWater is an LCD flasher, which is quieter and draws less battery power than a Vex. Here are some other comparisons to a vex:
Output power: 1000 watts p/p .... Vex - 400 watts p/p
Current draw: 50ma ...... Vex - 275 ma
Target seperation: 2.5" .... Vex - 2.65"

The Zercom unit is a greyscale unit. Meaning targets show up in grey or black depending on their signal strength. Obviously it is a little more difficult to see the differences than on a vex.

Zercom ClearWater Classic flasher - Sell - Buy - Trade Hunting and Fishing Goods

Zercom ClearWater Classic flasher - Sell - Buy - Trade Hunting and Fishing Goods

Last edited by schaaed1; 01-30-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Guide

There are a lot of people talking about needing a less expensive flasher than a Vex. Here is one and I've gotten no replys. Here is the last chance .... come Monday it will go on e-pay.
Remove this ad...  
Old 02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Guide

Photos: 23Users Photo Gallery

Guys, if your looking for a cheaper alternative, this is it, I got one and use it all the time, even though it doesnt have all the bells and whistles of a vexiler it certainly does the job. you can follow your bait to the bottom and pickup suspended fish, and see them coming up to hit your bait. If you dont want to spend the big bucks then this is the next best thing in flashers.

JUST MY .02 CENTS

GIBRALTAR DUCK HUNTERS ASSOC.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Master Sportsman

Have you sold this unit yet? If not I'm interested.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Guide

Frozen - Yes it is still available. I was just going to list it in e-pay ... and saw your post.

As rivrat says, these are great units and with all the people talking about not being able to afford/justify a Vex, I am surprised this has not sold. This unit will do almost everything the Vex will do ... except you do not have three colors. And unlike most of the other flashers ... this unit was designed for ice fishing.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Master Sportsman

schaaed1,

I just sent you a pm.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Guide

Appears to be sold pending funds. Thank you, Frozen.