michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > General Michigan Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Michigan Hunting General discussion on Michigan hunting not covered in other forums.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 52Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Huntin Horseman
Big Smile There is a bounty on crows and starlings!!

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
I found this old law that is still on the books, I think I'm gonna do it jsut for the hell of it I know the clerk pretty well and she'll freak out when I bring in a pile of crows and starlings and demand my money!!

433.301 Starlings and crows; bounty for killing; resolution of board of supervisors.

Sec. 1.

Every person being an inhabitant of this state, who shall kill a starling or a crow in any organized township, village or city in this state shall be entitled to receive a bounty of 3 cents for each starling thus killed, and 10 cents for each crow thus killed, to be allowed and paid in the manner hereinafter provided: Provided, That this law shall not be obligatory on any county unless the board of supervisors at the October session shall adopt a resolution to that effect, either as to starlings or as to crows or both, and then only to the amount appropriated for such purpose by said board, and shall not be effective in any city or village located in any such county in case the governing body thereof shall adopt a resolution to that effect.

History: 1941, Act 152, Eff. Jan. 10, 1942 ;--CL 1948, 433.301 .

433.302 Starlings and crows; delivery to local clerk; certificate.

Sec. 2.

Every person applying for such bounty shall take such starlings, in lots of not less than 50, and crows in lots of 10 or more, to the clerk of the township, village or city within which such starlings or crows shall have been killed, in a state of good preservation, and if satisfied with the correctness of such claim, shall issue a certificate stating the amount of bounty to which such applicant is entitled and deliver the same to such applicant, and shall destroy such starlings and crows by burning or other effective method.

History: 1941, Act 152, Eff. Jan. 10, 1942 ;--CL 1948, 433.302
Old 10-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery

must be a west nile thing
Remove this ad...  
Old 10-20-2003, 09:54 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery

oh! no but back then they thought crows were a problem.

back in the 60's a township in Indiana put a bounty on crows. A couple months later a they had a serious outbreak of disease. They traced it back to the surplus of carrion.

Without the crows the carrion was laying about and feeding vermon. The vermon carried diseases to human dwellings, etc.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Rank Type

Photos: 50Users Photo Gallery
Default Re: There is a bounty on crows and starlings!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Huntin Horseman
this law shall not be obligatory on any county unless the board of supervisors at the October session shall adopt a resolution to that effect, either as to starlings or as to crows or both, and then only to the amount appropriated for such purpose by said board
Nice job of searching the books but they won't be paying you!

Keep trying!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Charter Member
Rank Type

Photos: 57Users Photo Gallery

With a bounty like that you will go broke buying shells. I like the research though. Its nice to see a younger guy w/ so much interest in the outdoors. Keep doing what you are doing and share your fun w/ your friends!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 52Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Huntin Horseman

LOL thanks . The only people I really know my age that are interested in hunting are girls Alot of guys are wimps now a days.