Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > General Discussions > Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Sound Off (MichiganForums.com) Sound off about anything you want, politics, news, sports. Must be a member for 30 days to post here.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Michiganiac
Rank Type

Photos: 62Users Photo Gallery
Default Snow

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Anyone else getting blasted? We have at least a foot on the level and drifts everywhere!

Mike
The river never sleeps.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Michiganiac

Photos: 12Users Photo Gallery

We've got 30+ on the ground where I live in Gaylord. Our birdbath is completely under snow. We've also lost all our snow twice earlier this winter, both times with 20+ on the ground. Just winter, no big deal.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 4Users Photo Gallery

1/8" here in the RO.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Guide

Maybe an inch fell overnight here in Midland.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Hunter gatherer
Rank Type

Photos: 34Users Photo Gallery

6" more last night.
Total of 18"-20" on the deck, 14"-16" in the woods here in Wellston.

Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself

The guy that smiles when things go wrong...has already found someone to blame it on.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Bare grass here in Fenton.

Prov 21:15-16
When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

Whoever strays from the path of prudence comes to rest in the company of the dead.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Guide

Got about 8 inches last night and another 3-4 today. the weather advisory just got extended 4 more hours
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Guide

Photos: 8Users Photo Gallery
Default Aarrrggghhh

I'm sick and tired of snowblowing. And what sucks is, we live on a corner. The snow plow just dumps the snow at the end of our driveway. We easily have twice as much snow at the end of our driveway compared to our neighbors after the plow goes through I'm ready for Spring!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 14Users Photo Gallery

Got a daughter going to Northern. She called last night and said in Marquette they've got easy 4-5 foot, and drifts to 10+

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Banned

Photos: 3Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork View Post
I'm sick and tired of snowblowing. And what sucks is, we live on a corner. The snow plow just dumps the snow at the end of our driveway. We easily have twice as much snow at the end of our driveway compared to our neighbors after the plow goes through I'm ready for Spring!!!!
I've only had to use my snowblower once this year.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Hunter gatherer
Rank Type

Photos: 34Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Jan. 10: It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we've seen in years. My wife and I took our hot buttered rum and sat by the picture window, watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was beautiful!

Jan. 11: We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time ever and loved it. I did our driveway and sidewalk. Later, a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again.

Jan. 12: It snowed an additional 5 inches last night, and the temperature has dropped to around 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees and shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards, the snowplow came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow is now brownish-gray.

Jan. 13: Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tires for both cars. Fell on my ass in the driveway. I went to a chiropractor and spent $145, but nothing was broken. More snow and ice expected.

Jan. 14: Still cold. Sold the wife's car and bought a 4x4 to get her to work. Slid into a guardrail anyway and did a considerable amount of damage to the right rear quarter-panel. Had another 8 inches of the white **** last night. Both vehicles covered in salt and crud. More shoveling in store for me today. That goddamn snowplow came by twice today.

Jan. 15: 2 degrees outside. More ****in' snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put the flames out, but suffered second degree burns on my hands and lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. Car slid on ice on way to emergency room and was totaled.

Jan.16: Goddamn mother ****in' white **** keeps coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to get to the ****in' mailbox. Then I had to poop and got udressed. If I ever catch the son-of-a-bitch that drives the snowplow, I'll chew open his chest and rip out his heart. I think he hides around the corner and waits for me to open our driveway again! Power still off. Toilet froze and wouldn't flush the poop and part of the roof has started to cave in.

Jan.17: Six goddamn more ****in' inches of ****in' snow and ****in' sleet and ****in' ice and God knows what other kind of white ****in' **** fell last night. I wounded the ****in' snowplow ******* with an ice axe, but he got away. Wife left me. Car won't start. I think I'm going snow blind. I can't move my toes. I haven't seen the sun in weeks. Plumber quoted me $1400.00. More snow predicted. Wind chill -22 ****in' degrees. I'm moving back to South Carolina!

Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself

The guy that smiles when things go wrong...has already found someone to blame it on.

Last edited by jimp; 02-20-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery

Friday night when i went to bed the forecast was flurries with up to 1" total. I woke up on Saturday and as I opened to door to let the dog out I could see we had been DUMPED on. Later measured at 14" with drifts across the driveway almost waste deep. How they miss it that bad is funny. I hear we have had over 100" so far which I am told is about the yearly average so we'll be much ahead of normal this winter. Last year I don't think we had 30" or so.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Guide

Photos: 4Users Photo Gallery
Default Snow

Part of the good life living in Michigan, 25 inches conservitive estimate here in Wolverine,
Going to Belize next week to thaw out, and get ready for the up coming mud season...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
I know the feeling. I have piles at the end of the driveway as tall as me and im 5'10 The kids made one into an igloo. they hollowed the inside out and can stand up in there
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Guide

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

Depends where you are in my yard. Bare pavement in some spots and lots of snow in others. The news said about 10" but the wind blew it all over the place so that my snowblower had had to work pretty hard on some drifts. Oh well, it's Michigan and it's winter.