Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Firearms > Muzzleloaders
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 9Users Photo Gallery
Default Replacement Barrel - CVA Optima Pro .50

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Anyone know where I could get a replacement barrel for my 4 year old CVA Optima Pro .50 cal? It is a fluted nickel barrel. Two seasons ago I made a fatal mistake and left the gun loaded over the winter and the powder fused it's self to the inside of the barrel. I have cleaned it multiple times which included letting the barrel soak in bore solvent for a long period of time. The gun is shootable but there are still trace amounts that will not come off the inside of the barrel.

After speaking to a muzzleloader junky he assured me that the gun would be fine and it is still accurate it's just something I would like to take care of if possible. I looked at CVA.com, cabelas, and other online sources to try to find a replacement barrel but have come up empty handed. I haven't made it to the gun shop to see if they could order me a new barrel but that's my next step. If any of you guys have any recommendations I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the gun if that helps.
Replacement Barrel - CVA Optima Pro .50 - Muzzleloaders

"I just showed my dad this thread he called me a pot stirrer and can't understand why everyone just doesn't agree with H to the U double B, H to the unter and walk away." -Don Walters Jr.

Last edited by HUBBHUNTER; 11-22-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Email or call CVA. Im sure they have them.

The new optimas only run around $200 so it may be best to just replace the whole gun.
Remove this ad...  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 9Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier gander View Post
Email or call CVA. Im sure they have them.

The new optimas only run around $200 so it may be best to just replace the whole gun.
Unfortunately that's what I think it will come to. I will get with CVA tomorrow. Thanks

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"I just showed my dad this thread he called me a pot stirrer and can't understand why everyone just doesn't agree with H to the U double B, H to the unter and walk away." -Don Walters Jr.