Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Archery
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Archery Main forum for archery shoots and tournaments, and subforums for Archery Tech (Compounds), Crossbows, and Traditional Archery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
BSIMMONS8's Avatar
BSIMMONS8 is offline
Tracker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GARDEN CITY, MI
Posts: 110
Default Vans Archery- Whitmore Lake

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Vans Archery in Whitmore lake is such a great shop. The guys there are very helpfull, I will definatly will be a returning customer. I bought a mathews t5 quiver today.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2011, 03:42 PM
iLiveInTrees's Avatar
iLiveInTrees iLiveInTrees is offline
Guide
Rank Type

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 590
Default

Chum and his staff are very knowledgable, and they have a great selection. I've been going to VANS for years, I love having them right in my backyard
__________________
Vans Archery- Whitmore Lake - Archery
Reply With Quote
Remove this ad...  
  #3  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
BSIMMONS8's Avatar
BSIMMONS8 BSIMMONS8 is offline
Tracker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GARDEN CITY, MI
Posts: 110
Default

If they dont have it the you dont need it thats for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 AM
SPITFIRE's Avatar
SPITFIRE SPITFIRE is online now
Michiganiac
Rank Type

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Howell Michigan
Posts: 4,502
Photos: 47Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSIMMONS8 View Post
Vans Archery in Whitmore lake is such a great shop. The guys there are very helpfull, I will definatly will be a returning customer. I bought a mathews t5 quiver today.
They have been getting my service for a while now,great people and service.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 AM
grub's Avatar
grub grub is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Commerce Twp.
Posts: 234
Photos: 6Users Photo Gallery
Default

I must have caught them on a bad day a couple weeks ago. I am looking at a new z7 xtreme and called them up to see if I could come in and shoot one. I am left handed, so I always call a shop in advance to make sure they have one for me to shoot before I drive there. The guy I talked to said they have no left handed bows that I can test and they aren't going to pull one out of the box for me.

As a result, I went to another shop. The owner spent 2 hours with me going through any bow I wanted to shoot and now I pick up my new bow tomorrow from them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Silver Panner's Avatar
Silver Panner Silver Panner is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 982
Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery
Default

Last year I bought my Hoyt from a dealer a little closer to me and I kick myself for not getting it from Vans instead. I wasn't happy with the setup of the bow or the customer service after the purchase. I go to Vans for everything now. Wish I would have drove the extra 20 minutes to buy it there in the first place.

I've been in a pinch a couples times and Vans has always found a way to get me back out there.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
harrisonhunter's Avatar
harrisonhunter harrisonhunter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,110
Photos: 26Users Photo Gallery
Default

2 Thumbs Up for Van's. Been going there for 6 years....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2011, 10:37 PM
fulldraw's Avatar
fulldraw fulldraw is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ypsilanti
Posts: 1,753
Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
I must have caught them on a bad day a couple weeks ago. I am looking at a new z7 xtreme and called them up to see if I could come in and shoot one. I am left handed, so I always call a shop in advance to make sure they have one for me to shoot before I drive there. The guy I talked to said they have no left handed bows that I can test and they aren't going to pull one out of the box for me.

As a result, I went to another shop. The owner spent 2 hours with me going through any bow I wanted to shoot and now I pick up my new bow tomorrow from them.
I was in the shop many, many years ago and I walked in walked around nobody said a word I walked out. If remember correctly it was dark, dusty and gloomy.
__________________
BowTech Justice 63Ib.
Martin Jaguar 63Ib.
Gold Tip 5575 Hunter XT
Magnus Two Blade 100 grn.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2011, 08:02 AM
SPITFIRE's Avatar
SPITFIRE SPITFIRE is online now
Michiganiac
Rank Type

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Howell Michigan
Posts: 4,502
Photos: 47Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulldraw View Post
I was in the shop many, many years ago and I walked in walked around nobody said a word I walked out. If remember correctly it was dark, dusty and gloomy.
Things must have changed, I never seen anything like that at all. I have been going for a couple years now and they never try to sell me anything I dont need. Also I have had a couple fixes that they never charged me for.

One example was during hunting season my string slipped off the cam and needed a press to fix. I walk in show my problem they took care of me on the spot,reserved my peep at the time too.

I ask them "what do I owe?" they reply " nothing good luck hunting"

Service like that will keep me coming back. I understand people can have off days at work and such, but seems like im catching all the good days.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM
folpak's Avatar
folpak folpak is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SE MICH
Posts: 604
Photos: 8Users Photo Gallery
Default

I bought my bow there for a great sale price. a $100 cheaper than everywhere else when the last year model was on sale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Girtski Girtski is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Carleton, MI
Posts: 394
Photos: 5Users Photo Gallery
Default Could be

That you could have a good or bad experience anywhere. I wouldn't slam the door on them but I had an experience about 4 years ago where I called on Tuesday morning to see if they had a Genesis Pro that I had promised my son. After blasting out there on my extended lunch break, they didn't have it. I ended up ordering online and received it by Friday in time for him to use it in Saturday's JOAD class. Kinda set me back a bit and haven't been there since. Like I said, it could happen to anybody anwhere on a given day.
__________________
In Search of Game.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
GiveUmTheShaft's Avatar
GiveUmTheShaft GiveUmTheShaft is online now
Master Sportsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: commerce, MI
Posts: 52
Default

What bow's do they carry?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Girtski Girtski is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Carleton, MI
Posts: 394
Photos: 5Users Photo Gallery
Default Sorry

I can only tell you they're supposed to carry the Genesis Pro, but didn't when I showed up.
__________________
In Search of Game.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM
johnhunter247's Avatar
johnhunter247 johnhunter247 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 400 miles east and beyond of big buck land
Posts: 1,433
Default

I do most of my archery shopping at Shupachs in Jackson. Hands down one of the best bows shops anywhere. Several television personalities have gone there as well. Not that that means anything but they are very good at what they do. Hey Grub before you buy that Z7 make sure you give that Bowtech Destroyer 350 a try. I was a die hard Mathews guy, my last being a Drenalin, but I went to purchase a Z7 last year and I shot the Destroyer just for the hack of it and could not put it down. The bow is awesome. Its just my opinion but they are years ahead of the rest. I shot the new hoyt to and was not impressed. Besides why not give your money to a Michigan company. I am a new Bowtech fan. Two deer and two complete passthroughs. My dad lives in Pinckney and purchased a switchback from Vans back when that was a hot commodity and he was happy but he comes out to Shupachs for all his archery needs now to.
__________________
IF ITS BROWN ITS NOT DOWN!

Last edited by johnhunter247; 03-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
grub's Avatar
grub grub is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Commerce Twp.
Posts: 234
Photos: 6Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhunter247 View Post
I do most of my archery shopping at Shupachs in Jackson. Hands down one of the best bows shops anywhere. Several television personalities have gone there as well. Not that that means anything but they are very good at what they do. Hey Grub before you buy that Z7 make sure you give that Bowtech Destroyer 350 a try. I was a die hard Mathews guy, my last being a Drenalin, but I went to purchase a Z7 last year and I shot the Destroyer just for the hack of it and could not put it down. The bow is awesome. Its just my opinion but they are years ahead of the rest. I shot the new hoyt to and was not impressed. Besides why not give your money to a Michigan company. I am a new Bowtech fan. Two deer and two complete passthroughs. My dad lives in Pinckney and purchased a switchback from Vans back when that was a hot commodity and he was happy but he comes out to Shupachs for all his archery needs now to.
Already got the z7 xtreme and I love it! No bowtech dealers close to me and their poor customer service reputation wasn't worth the chance. A friend has the 350 and loves it, just wasn't for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2015 Michigan-Sportsman.com flagship of the iGreatLakes.com network