michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Archery > Crossbows
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crossbows Discussions about the use of Crossbows in Michigan.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Guide

Default Parker buck buster 175

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
I am considering trying to sale/trade my Parker buckbuster 175 for a Excalibur Equinox. I dont really have a reason for it besides I have always liked the Excalibur but at the time I purchased they did not have one and they did have the Parker.

Any comments on this, should I keep what I have, anyone interested in good deal on a Parker or want to work out a trade?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Guide

Default Both good

Its like anything else if you trade it in you get the short end of the stick.Best thing to do is try and sale the Parker on Craigslist. Take a little lost and go by a new Crossbow don't try and take something from someone that might be in good working order.Seen it about ten time last season from guys who come over and tell me they bought this crossbow from craigslist and it wont shoot right.Come too find that a bolt or screw is missing.It happens a lot.Avoid ebay at all cost.Even the new stuff has no warranty I dont care if they tell you they are a auth dealer or not.No one on ebay is a real dealer selling below msrp.
Remove this ad...  
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Guide

Photos: 13Users Photo Gallery

If I was you, I might try and find a way to keep the Parker and then pickup a used Excal, the warranty follows the Excals when someone sells one..
Crossbows typically depreciate a lot in value, I have seen them lose anywhere from 40 - 50% in the first year..It never hurts to have a backup bow anyway, not that you would need one if you had an Excal..

PM sent..

Mike
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Guide

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery
Default Wrong Captnick

I m not letting my secret out, it's not rocket science. There are EBay deals out there , brand new, with all the warrenties, and I have the receipts to prove it along with a crossbow I consider the best out there for all around hunting. Certain Dealers do sell below MSRP new crossbows at certain times of the year and warranties are honored.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Guide

Thanks for the good info. No matter where you buy if you buy used you may run into a bad product or no warranty issue.

I would want to see/shoot before I went with a used model. I will most likely sale mine and buy a ex.

If anyone heres about one for sale let me know.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone nc View Post
No matter where you buy if you buy used you may run into a bad product or no warranty issue.
NOT with an Excalibur. They have a lifetime transferable warranty. Even used, you just register ownership of the bow with them, and you're good to go.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Guide

I dont know that I have every seen a used EXC out there? Most people usually hold on to them. I like a used price but then again if you cant find them it does you no good. Anybody know of any good places to look? beervo has given me some places to look but does anybody know of someone with a good new/used one they are selling?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Guide

There's a $700 Vortex w/lightstuff package on Craig's List, down in Lambertville, near the Ohio border.

http://monroemi.craigslist.org/spo/2186298061.html
Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Guide

I will try to see if that guy wants to barter, I have a couple of guns I would be willing to trade with. Never hurts to try

Thanks for the info