Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > IceFishingMichigan.com > Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Sportsman

Default Iron Mill Pond

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Outside of Manchester...Anybody have an idea on weather this is a private or public lake ?? Any clue how to get on the lake if it isnt public ? Thanks !
Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Iron Mill Pond

I live on Iron Mill Pond. This is a PRIVATE lake in Manchester Township. If you want access to the lake, buy lakefront property and pay the property taxes! If you enter the lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, etc that will be considered TRESPASSING and we will call the sheriff immediately. There are several other public lakes in the area so I suggest going there (Wamplers Lake, Allen Lake, Deep Lake, etc).
Remove this ad...  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM

Default Fish Species

I am in the process of looking at a Cottage on Iron Mill Pond. Any chance you can give me the scope on what species of fish are in the Lake? I love to Pike fish, are there any in the lake?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Tracker

Default Iron Lake Mill Pond

As far as fish in the lake,there are pike,bass,all the panfish species(bluegill,crappie,perch),dog fish,bull head,carp,suckers,shiners.I've seen 1 gar in 50 years of fishing there.As far as size on the pike,most are just barely legal size(24inches).Most of the big pike are caught ice fishing.Same thing with the bass.I've caught more big bass on tip ups then during the normal season.The best time to catch the bigger bass is at night on top water lures(Jitter Bugs).The lake is a good producer of better than average size bass.Only problem is when summer is in full swing,the lake is over grown with weeds.The lake association has yet to agree on spending the money to control the weeds.There are good sized pike but trolling for them is hard because the lakes small size and irregular shape and weed growth.PM me if you need any personal info on access or fishing spots.