michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Archery > Archery Tech
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Archery Tech General modern compound archery discussions about technique, equipment, etc. Do not post hunt reports here they go in the Michigan Whitetail Deer forum.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Master Sportsman

Send a message via Yahoo to IH guy
Default Oneida bow repair

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Does anyon know any bow shops in michigan that still work on the old oneida eagle's

I just picked one up and want to get is tuned and draw adjusted to set up for bow fishing
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Tracker

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

Schupbach's in Jackson tuned mine up.

http://www.schupbachs.com/

The guy who owns Monster bows in Brighton also knows a lot about them and might work on it. He apparently had a bad falling out with Onieda so he can't get parts and such from them but, otherwise, I am told he's the expert on adjusting/tuning them.

http://monsterbows.com/monster/Page3.html
Remove this ad...  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Guide

The place is closed! Parts was sent to a dealer in Florida. I have dropaways that work on them. As for as tuning, not much there!
Tech 9 strings
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 9Users Photo Gallery

C. Pollinton's shop is near Marion. 2 years ago there was a guy at the Woods-n-Water from the Lansing area that worked on Oeinda bows.

L & O

Warren Buffet

Member: CBM, PF, MUCC, MCF(Michigan Crossbow Federation)

Last edited by Liver and Onions; 07-07-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery

What type of Oneida? I have an Aero Force and they are really easy to work on. I adjusted mine from a Med. draw to a long draw, if you need some help I would be willing to help you out. I just set my Oneida up for bow fishing about a month ago that's the really easy part.
Magnus Two Blade 100 grn.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Guide

What model did you get, if its new enuff it could be a simple fix. Get ahold if Mike Day on this forum he can help get parts, also try 5150bows.com he's in Fl. but a real great guy. And dont forget buck pole archery home of C.P. Oneida right on 66 in Marion MI. But again if its an older bow C.P. sometimes dont like working on them because of lack of parts around. When I say "old" I mean pre-areoforce model bows, also known as pre "K" cam bows.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Master Sportsman

Send a message via Yahoo to IH guy

it is an old screaming eagle so i am sure hard to get parts for.

I am thinking it needs the medium cams because it seems to have a huge draw length.

I will go to schupach in jackson and let them take a look at it i will be down there this weekend any how.

thanks for all the help if anyone has a medium set of cams for sale let me know
Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Guide

FYI some S.E.'s came with "H" cams some came with "I" as far as my understanding goes you can not switch to "K" cams(Areoforce & newer) without also switching atleast outboard limbs to A.F. ones.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Guide

PM sent.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery

CP Oneida has most parts for all the Oneidas old and new. Some parts are but they have used parts as well if you need something call Matt Pollington there and knows what they have but I have an AF & a Lite Force Magnum and they have cables, timing systems (complete or cables and the wheels), draw mduoles for the K Cams, E Clips, bushings, some limbs, shafts, pylons, strings etc if you can they can help you and if you something they might have it even if old. And I like helping out Michigan Business especially these days. It all helps Michigan. Don't know many bow companies that still have parts for bows older than 5 maybe 7 years old but my LFM is over 10 and they have parts for them as well as my 16 year old Aero Force. They don't have risers per say but they do get trade ins now and and then. And they put their ESC Outboards on older bows as well they do have some wood outboards as well. But as time goes out they do run out of some of the parts like the wood 1 piece grips and the Tuscarora 1 Piece Quivers and mounting hardware for them. But agao they have kept a lot of parts available. M115 and 66 north about 5 or 6 miles on the left side is where CP Onieda They are open M-F and on Saturday from 9 to 2?? but if you call they can give you better info. Just Google C.P. Oneida and you can get their phone number and location.

I still shoot both a 1994 AF and a 1997 LFM and they shoot great even if they are more than 10 years old... Just change the string annually...And a lube job.

Newaygo1

Last edited by Newaygo1; 07-10-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

if you did need cams Rich at 5150 will have access to them and can either walk you thru it get someone that will.

5150bows.com

they just released a new lever action fast flight bow fishing bow so the knowledge is there and the love of the design .