michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > Cold Water Species Fishing > General Discussion
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Big lake boat discussions, rigging, techniques, lures, baits and equipment used. Safety discussions, lake conditions, etc..

Old 06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Master Sportsman

Default shoehorn spoons by lur-jenson

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Has anyone tried these shoehorn lures yet? Sat. june 12 out of grand haven , after trolling for 4 hours and no bites,we put one on our portside dowmrigger.55ft water,dirty,and 25ft down we took a 7lb King,right away then got blown off the lake. I think I will pick up a few different ones and give them a try. Who knows, they have a little bit differant action. Thanks CHOPPER
Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Guide

Photos: 20Users Photo Gallery

I gave a hard look at them at Gander but they were enormous. If I come across a smaller size I'm going to grab a couple.
Posted via Mobile Device
Remove this ad...  
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Tracker

Photos: 6Users Photo Gallery

looks like a good laker spoon for bouncing bottom?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Guide

great laker spoon not to big
Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Has anyone tried these shoehorn lures yet? Sat. june 12 out of grand haven , after trolling for 4 hours and no bites,we put one on our portside dowmrigger.55ft water,dirty,and 25ft down we took a 7lb King,right away then got blown off the lake. I think I will pick up a few different ones and give them a try. Who knows, they have a little bit differant action. Thanks CHOPPER
Chopper

I got some from Gander a couple weeks ago. I had heard the salmon were hitting the Purple Haze Shoehorn Spoon. I got the spoon home and went to put it in the spoon box "Made in China" UGH. Anyway I ran the spoon Memorial Weekend out of St. Joe all weekend without a strike. Everything else was firing SilverStreak Blue Dolphin, Dream Weaver NBK, Moonshine Wild Perch...., with Moonshine Wild Perch the best. I won't buy another shoehorn Spoon I'll spend my money on SilverStreaks and Moonshines. Both Made in the U.S.A and Michigan companies and better lures IMHO.

lkn2fish

Last edited by lkn2fish; 06-15-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Wrong Port/Spelling
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Guide

I don't think I'll get more now that you said there made in China I like moonshines to but watch out some bad hooks got put on the new ones lots of hookes breaking