michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting Posts about hunting the whitetail deer in MI with firearms, bows, etc.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Guide

Default Michigan DNR deer hunter survey

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
When you're done hunting for the year, you can take this on-line survey. For those of you who have never done it before it requires your drivers license #, Date of birth, your e-mail address (optional), the 1st question is

1. Did you hunt the 2009 season?
2. Did you hunt during Youth Season (Sept 26-27 )?
3. Did you hunt during Archery Season (Oct 1-Nov 14 and Dec 1-Jan 1 )?
4. Did you hunt during Regular Firearm Season (Nov 15-30 )?
5. Did you hunt during Muzzleloader Season (Upper Peninsula: Dec 4-13, Northern Lower Peninsula: Dec 11-20, Southern Lower Peninsula: Dec 4-20 )?
6. Did you hunt during Early Firearm Season (Sep 17-21 in portions of the Lower Peninsula )?
Please note that only antlerless deer could be taken on private land during the early firearm season.
7. Did you hunt during Late Firearm Season (Dec 21-Jan 1 in portions of the Lower Peninsula )?
Please note that only antlerless deer could be taken on private land during the late firearm season.

8 . Did you hunt during Disabled Hunt Season (Sep 26-27 and Oct 15-18 )? YesNo

9.What is your preferred county to hunt deer in Michigan? Please select one county from the counties you reported hunting during the 2009 seasons in Questions #2-8.
(Select a County) Alcona Alger Allegan Alpena Antrim Arenac Baraga Barry Bay Benzie Berrien Branch Calhoun Cass Charlevoix Cheboygan Chippewa Clare Clinton Crawford Delta Dickinson Eaton Emmet Genesee Gladwin Gogebic Grand Traverse Gratiot Hillsdale Houghton Huron Ingham Ionia Iosco Iron Isabella Jackson Kalamazoo Kalkaska Kent Keweenaw Lake Lapeer Leelanau Lenawee Livingston Luce Mackinac Macomb Manistee Marquette Mason Mecosta Menominee Midland Missaukee Monroe Montcalm Montmorency Muskegon Newaygo Oakland Oceana Ogemaw Ontonagon Osceola Oscoda Otsego Ottawa Presque Isle Roscommon Saginaw Sanilac Schoolcraft Shiawassee St. Clair St. Joseph Tuscola Van Buren Washtenaw Wayne Wexford
An answer is required for question 9.
Please indicate how satisfied or dissatisfied you were with the following for the 2009 deer hunting seasons in your preferred county:
(Select one choice per item.) a.Number of deer you saw. Very SatisfiedSomewhat SatisfiedNeutralSomewhat DissatisfiedStrongly DissatisfiedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 10a.b.Number of antlered deer (bucks) you saw. Very SatisfiedSomewhat SatisfiedNeutralSomewhat DissatisfiedStrongly DissatisfiedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 10b.c.Your overall hunting experience. Very SatisfiedSomewhat SatisfiedNeutralSomewhat DissatisfiedStrongly DissatisfiedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 10c.d.Number of deer you harvested. Very SatisfiedSomewhat SatisfiedNeutralSomewhat DissatisfiedStrongly DissatisfiedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 10d.
11.New antler point restrictions were adopted in 2009 for the taking of antlered deer (bucks) in the Upper Peninsula (UP). The regular buck tag of a combination deer license could only be used to tag a buck with at least three antler points on one side. The restricted tag could only be used on a buck with atleast four points on one side. Hunters who chose not to purchase the combination tag were restricted to one buck (with no additional point restrictions) in the UP, all seasons combined, even if they purchased an archery and firearms licenses. How strongly do you support or oppose these new UP restrictions? Strongly SupportSupportOpposeStrongly OpposeNot SureAn answer is required for question 11.
Please describe how the new antler point restrictions for the Upper Peninsula affected your deer hunting participation, harvest, and satisfaction in 2009.
(Select one choice per item.) a.Number of days you hunted deer in the Upper Peninsula. IncreasedNo Change DecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12a.b.Number of days you hunted deer in the Lower Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12b.c.Number of anterless deer you harvested in the Upper Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12c.d.Number of anterless deer you harvested in the Lower Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12d.e.Total number of deer you harvested in the Upper Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12e.f.Total number of deer you harvested in the Lower Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot applicableAn answer is required for question 12f.g.Overall satisfaction with your deer hunting experience in the Upper Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot ApplicableAn answer is required for question 12g.h.Overall satisfaction with your deer hunting experience in the Lower Peninsula. IncreasedNo ChangeDecreasedNot applicableAn answer is required for question 12h. 13.
Please indicate how strongly you would support or oppose the following dates for opening day of the regular firearm season (16-day season).
(Select one choice per item.) a.Maintain the November 15 opening date. Strongly SupportSupportOpposeStrongly OpposeNot SureAn answer is required for question 13a. b.Open on the Saturday nearest November 15 each year. Strongly SupportSupportOpposeStrongly OpposeNot SureAn answer is required for question 13b. c.Open on the Saturday before Thanksgiving each year. Strongly SupportSupportOpposeStrongly OpposeNot SureAn answer is required for question 13c.

Your answers are not submitted until you click the Submit Button. If you want a record of the information you provided, please print the screen before selecting the Submit button.

Here is the link: https://secure1.state.mi.us/deersurvey/
Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Michiganiac

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

If that is the first question, what is the second? Sorry, Tommy, can't help myself today.

You betcha I will fill it out but will anyone really read it?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Michigan Sportsman
Rank Type

Photos: 65Users Photo Gallery

Thanks for posting this. It is now a "sticky".
Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 49Users Photo Gallery

Hey Ridge,
Just fill that thing out twice, once for me. I'm sure since we hunted the same piece of land our answers will be the same.

Just kidding, I'll get around to filling it out once I'm sure I'm done for the year which I'm leaning towards now. Might as well cut my losses...

Edit: (Need to add fishing into that list somewhere!)
Old 12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery

Very Basic Survey... Some questions are vague and they need to add a comment section maybe limit it to 200 characters to give some input like the change of date etc... Seems they rarely let you give any additional info and from the questiosn they can twist it to make it look good for them...

Oh well they don't really use it being it all has to do with their "estimated" numbers...

Newaygo1
Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaygo1 View Post
Very Basic Survey... Some questions are vague and they need to add a comment section maybe limit it to 200 characters to give some input like the change of date etc... Seems they rarely let you give any additional info and from the questiosn they can twist it to make it look good for them...

Oh well they don't really use it being it all has to do with their "estimated" numbers...

Newaygo1
Recieved mine via email this afternoon. FYI There is a email address attached to the survey for comments. Options for change of date for opener is also covered in the survey.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaygo1 View Post
Very Basic Survey... Some questions are vague and they need to add a comment section maybe limit it to 200 characters to give some input like the change of date etc... Seems they rarely let you give any additional info.

Newaygo1
x2 for the on-line version. IMO
Old 01-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Michiganiac

Photos: 20Users Photo Gallery

just posting to make sure everyone who hasnt filled it out yet does! did mine last night since season's finally over. forgot about it until i was going through my email.. .
Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Michiganiac

Photos: 49Users Photo Gallery

I filled it out but for some reason it wont let a youth with a Sportmans card fill it out..

CB