Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > General Discussions > Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Sound Off (MichiganForums.com) Sound off about anything you want, politics, news, sports. Must be a member for 30 days to post here.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Tracker

Send a message via MSN to fishhogster
Default No hunting/leased land signs????

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
I just leased a piece of property and need to post it i want to try to find signs that say leased land keep out or something close, cause the guys who hunted it before never really asked. was woundering if any one could help me out and tell me where to go. thank you.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Michiganiac

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

Many newspaper print shops have them. Hunting and fishing retailers often have them but at higher cost, usually. We made are own by painting on aluminum siding. First we cut a pattern or two out of good stock and then used them as a stencil. They show up well and last through any weather.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Guide

Photos: 47Users Photo Gallery
Default Good thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
We made are own by painting on aluminum siding. First we cut a pattern or two out of good stock and then used them as a stencil. They show up well and last through any weather.
That's a great idea. I bet you would be able to purchase scrap aluminum siding (end pieces that are to small to bother saving, or dented) at a decent price from local contractors.

Dan
Old 06-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 3Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhogster View Post
I just leased a piece of property and need to post it i want to try to find signs that say leased land keep out or something close, cause the guys who hunted it before never really asked. was woundering if any one could help me out and tell me where to go. thank you.
I use the metal signs from Voss:

http://vosssigns.com/

There's one that specifically states: "No trespassing. Lands leased for private use".

I also like the "Posted and Patrolled" one.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Michiganiac

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

The signs that November Sunrise linked to are very good signs.

The material that we used came from construction projects where there was initial tear off and replacement. We were able to get the used aluminum for cleaning it up. If you have a friend that knows someone in the business that would help. We used spray cans of paint and our cost was very low. Of course, if you can afford the premade stuff like the link above that saves all the work of making them.