Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting Posts about hunting the whitetail deer in MI with firearms, bows, etc.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 16Users Photo Gallery
Default Rod Benson Deer Call

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
For anyone looking for this top of the line call, I found it at Cabela's last night. They had 5 or 6 left.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Yep cabelas and I belive that Ninja (KD's outdoors) said he was getting a shipment in. May want to check with him. This call is way better than anything else out there and not many people know about it.

J-
Crackerized 06 Bowtech Tribute,Speed Mods, 28DL, topped out at 60lbs, TR Drop zone,Modified Spott Hogg Hogg It,STS w/o string silencers shooting CE Maximas with wraps and FOB's at a very quiet 279FPS, Summit Viper climber and a box full of misc archery stuff!
Remove this ad...  
Old 10-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Guide

Photos: 16Users Photo Gallery

I hate to even reply to this post, a couple weeks ago I replied on a "favorite grunt" thread and said how much I love my Rod Benson grunt, low and behold 2 days later I lost it (had for over 10yrs) where we park on our lease up north.

I was on hands and knees next to the corn field again last weekend trying to find it in the grass. I'm just lost with out it and now I cant order it cause it wont get here before my big bowhunting vacation.

In my opinion there is no greater grunt tube to use in Michigan.

My mom works with Rod's cousin and she's supposed to be finding out where I can get one around here in the next few days.

Ryan
Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 18Users Photo Gallery

You guys have obviously not tried the hedgehog plush dog toy they sell at Petco for $6... best dang grunt call on the market if you get around the fact it wasn't originally intended to be a deer call.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Guide

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery
Default I second the hedgehog idea

I bought the hedgehog for my dog. It sounds more like a true deer grunt than any other grunt call I have. Plus it's good company on a cold morning.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 5Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to deputy

bowgrunter
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Guide

Photos: 10Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JAG Send a message via Yahoo to JAG

Jeez, I've had and used a Rod Benson grunt call for so many years I can't even tell you. Rod had his booth next to our DU booth at the Outdoorama when it was still at the Detroit fairgrounds. He gave me the call and told me since I didn't have to buy it I'd probably have it forever. He's right! I've lost it in the woods twice and found it both times. Love that call. I've had many other brands over the years but Rod's call always finds it's way into my pack.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:47 AM
16 Tons, What U Get?
Rank Type

Photos: 28Users Photo Gallery

I have owned nothing but Rod Benson grunt calls. All my bow hunting friends own them. Must be a west Michigan thing.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Master Sportsman

Photos: 1Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchin' to go View Post
I hate to even reply to this post, a couple weeks ago I replied on a "favorite grunt" thread and said how much I love my Rod Benson grunt, low and behold 2 days later I lost it (had for over 10yrs) where we park on our lease up north.

I was on hands and knees next to the corn field again last weekend trying to find it in the grass. I'm just lost with out it and now I cant order it cause it wont get here before my big bowhunting vacation.

In my opinion there is no greater grunt tube to use in Michigan.

My mom works with Rod's cousin and she's supposed to be finding out where I can get one around here in the next few days.

Ryan

I was at Al & Bob's yesterday in Grand Rapids and they have one left so there's another option for you.