Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Archery > Archery Tech
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Archery Tech General modern compound archery discussions about technique, equipment, etc. Do not post hunt reports here they go in the Michigan Whitetail Deer forum.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Tracker

Photos: 7Users Photo Gallery
Question Point Blank bow?

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
i am looking to buy just a beater bow on ebay for bowfishing... anyone ever hear of "Point Blank" archery the name of the bow is "The New Wave"... if so any info would be great
"If some of our teenage thrill seeker really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul" -Fred Bear
Old 03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Michigan Sportsman
Rank Type

Photos: 23Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcatet71
i am looking to buy just a beater bow on ebay for bowfishing... anyone ever hear of "Point Blank" archery the name of the bow is "The New Wave"... if so any info would be great

Ah yes....Pro Line is/was the maker....made right here in MI and imo a darn good bow in it's day! Almost everybody I new either owned a Pro Line New Wave or Riptide. In the mid 90's in mid Michigan it was the bow to shoot. I loved mine. I sold mine to a buddy, he still has it but doesn't hunt much. I think this bow is ideal for bowfishing.....smooth draw etc. If the price is right $100-$150 or so I think it will work just fine.
Remove this ad...  
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Guide

Swamp Monster is right on. I shot one for 5 years. I had no problems with it at all. It should do a good job for you.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Guide

Photos: 19Users Photo Gallery

Smooth Shooter...Boy you ought to pull your bow back out and try it. You'd be amazed..I was. I still own my Proline Point Blank New Wave. Shot it some last year...even put a new string on it. I believe i'll kill a deer with it this year.

They sure we're speed demons back then. With Carbons and the right setup I could get real darn close to 300 with mine. 80 Lb / 30 inch draw.

As far a bowfishing goes...I'm thinking it would be just too darn fast. Maybe i'm all wet as i've never bowfished. Yet my opinion would be it's a little on the heavy side, and too fast.

They sure are awesome bows for there day though!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Guide

Photos: 10Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JAG Send a message via Yahoo to JAG

I used a Pro line Point Blank for years. I believe Pro line was bought out by Darton a number of years back. I don't think Darton continued building the bow. It would be a good bow fishing rig as long as it is in sound condition. I still pull it out and shoot mine once in awhile just to bring back old memories....Jim
Old 03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Guide

Photos: 19Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to huxIIIhammer

I killed lots of deer with my point blank. I wore out the first one and bought a second. The limb on it started to splinter three years ago and it was retired. I miss that bow!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Tracker

Photos: 7Users Photo Gallery
Thumbs Up

thanks for the info guys... i just couldnt find ANYTHING online about it
but now i might just have a new bow this summer
"If some of our teenage thrill seeker really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul" -Fred Bear
Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Tracker

Default I'm still hunting with mine

I bought it while my wife was pregnant with out first born in 1993. Thought I'd be around the house for the summer waiting so I bought a new wave. My brother in law had just got one and it was the cat's a** at the time. I've probably shot 15 deer with it and almost all were shoot -thoughs. I'm just waiting for the kids to get old enough to pull it back so I can hand it down and finally upgrade. I've had to replace the string/serving a couple of times and that is to be blamed on my release. It's truly and oldie but a goodie. 65# and muzzy 125's for me. Good luck,Will
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Guide

Photos: 16Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Splicer

got my first deer w/a point blank and shot 2rams with Uncle Ted not at his place but w/Ted and had it signed.love the bow.mine had a built in overdraw remember those thats funny
rick
Old 02-11-2012, 09:09 AM

I was just curious if anyone would happen to know around what years the PSE Point Blank Compact Bow was manufactured in.. Also in todays market with having a few accessories what this bow would be worth. I am currently agrueing the fact that this bow is no longer worth $800, and would like some input being i dont know a whole whole lot about them.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Banned

Photos: 3Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to bassdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa4556 View Post
I was just curious if anyone would happen to know around what years the PSE Point Blank Compact Bow was manufactured in.. Also in todays market with having a few accessories what this bow would be worth. I am currently agrueing the fact that this bow is no longer worth $800, and would like some input being i dont know a whole whole lot about them.
Never was an $800 bow, maybe $300+ when box new! Of course that was bare, no accy's.
I wouldent offer more then $100, mainly for knowing it likely needs new strings and cables, if the limbs are intact then it should be a decent fishin bow!

BD
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery

I killed a lot of deer with my point blank.

I am putting together a collection of the history of compound bows. I think the point blank and the spoiler are a couple of bows that will live forever. They were really the last bows that you either owned or knew some one that owned.

Great bows for their time.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

All good reviews. Many years ago my buddy bought a Point Blank while I got a Spoiler. They were the cats ass back then, both smooth, fast and durable. We both still hunt with them.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Guide

I still hunt with my new wave, It's a lot heavier than the new bows and not as fancy but i kill deer with it every year. Paid around 300 new plus accesories and i'm too cheap to go spend almost three times as much on a new bow when this one keeps bringing home the meat.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Okay thank you, Im not even interested in buying the bow but a friend is thinking he would be able to get that price value out of it. Which i knew undoubtably that he was wrong.. Now my important question is where could i or would i perhaps find exactly what years this bow was made in.. I have heard the PSE deer hunter was the model that took place of the Point blank but cant find any answers on the years, which is exactly what i need!!