Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > Warm Water Species Fishing > Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River This basin deserves a forum for itself with the world class fisheries including Muskie and Walleye.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Master Sportsman

Default Hook Snelling Tool

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
I like to tie my own crawler harnesses and would like to find a better way to snell hooks. I currently snell them by hand which can be frustrating at times! Has anyone tried any of the available knot tying tools (i.e. Rudy's Snell Tyer, Dubro kwik Tie Hook Sneller, etc.). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Master Sportsman

Photos: 6Users Photo Gallery

I have used the DuBro tool and it works well. Actually if you have a short length of 3/32 or 1/16 brass tubing about 1.5 inches long that is all you need. The best part of the Dubro tool is the instruction book that shows you how to tie a proper snell. Without a tool as an aid it is nearly impossible to tie a true snell knot. Many of the methods people use can become easily undone. A length of tubing is available in a hobby shop.
Remove this ad...  
Old 02-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Master Sportsman

Thanks Sharky, Gander Mountain carries the DuBro Kwik Tie. You're right, it's not easy without a tool. I'm going to run over there and pick one up.

Last edited by jeffryg; 02-13-2006 at 05:39 PM.