Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Jackson and irish hills ice fishing reports

230K views 2K replies 207 participants last post by  Csw2182 
#1 ·
Hi all ! .....just in case we have an ice age this year i have started over a new thread for this year .
Also include ice condition reports to help us all out .

#2 ·
I have gotten 25 rods and reels ready ....a new cordless drill with twice the power....fishfinder batteries charged up....snowmobile running and trailer done...hooks sharpened and new lures bought ....got my deers .....ready for ice .....anyone else ?

#3 ·
Sure hoping I can put my shed on lake this winter. In the spring of 2010, I rebuilt the roof, improved the insulation, painted the inside black and rebuilt the floor to improve the floor plan. Now it can fit and fish 4 guys easily with a large hole for viewing fish. All I got to view last year was it sitting in the yard.

#4 ·
Ready to go and waiting. Just deciding on whether to upgrade my Vex to a GPS sonar unit or buy the new ION auger this year because my strikemaster auger has 13 years of hard service now. Bring it on. Most if the best lakes I know have had low water all year and haven't been fished. The gills must be hungry!!!

#5 ·
I have got the hardwater itch pretty bad (since last year sucked for ice fishing). I have been checking the long term forecasts on various weather sites (wunderground, twc, accuweather) multiple times a day, like it's an addiction to a drug.

Already added some more Fiskas wolfram packs to my arsenal. I am really really really hoping for safe ice (4-5 inches or more for me) between the holidays.

#8 ·
Ready to go and waiting. Just deciding on whether to upgrade my Vex to a GPS sonar unit or buy the new ION auger this year because my strikemaster auger has 13 years of hard service now. Bring it on. Most if the best lakes I know have had low water all year and haven't been fished. The gills must be hungry!!!
Cant go wrong with either choice .....get the ion...get instant new friends with it ! :D

#9 ·
Sure hoping I can put my shed on lake this winter. In the spring of 2010, I rebuilt the roof, improved the insulation, painted the inside black and rebuilt the floor to improve the floor plan. Now it can fit and fish 4 guys easily with a large hole for viewing fish. All I got to view last year was it sitting in the yard.
I always thought of doin that too.......probably too busy building 3 deer blinds last year .

#13 ·
Cant go wrong with either choice .....get the ion...get instant new friends with it ! :D
Went with the sonar/GPS. Always wanted a GPS combo for ice and this will also work for a travel sonar for the canoe or rentals and a bow mount for my Lund. Three solutions with one purchase. I got a hummingbird ICE 385CI. There's a rebate so I get another chip for free. I also have a spare transducer for the canoe so this worked out well. I'll treat the Strikemaster to a new spark plug this year.

#21 ·
Ok guys, I'm back logged in here. Got out five times last year in a span of nine days in the Jackson area, anywhere from Batteese to Winawanna to Columbia. And did anywhere from terrible to amazing. Can't wait to get out there again ASAP. I'm always looking for people to fish with and almost always post on here where I'm going and when I'm going there. No new gear this year, bought it all last years and barely used it, gonna thrown some new blades on the auger and some new lines on the poles and I'm ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.