Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

What r the best winter boots

6K views 51 replies 38 participants last post by  Brian121208 
#1 ·
What r the best winter boots for the money, gotta be warm and waterproof and not too exspensive

#4 ·
1000gram knee high Lacrosse rubber boots with side zipper, great for deer hunting also.
I buy 2 pairs of insulated, knee-high rubber boots per year, usually get them right around now on clearance too. I wear one to work and one hunting/fishing. Usually burn the work ones out and use the other pair in the fall for work. For sloppy, muddy work and play and for usually less than $50, they can't be beat.

#5 ·
I would go with the Lacrosse rubber knee high boot's. If you have to walk through any water or slush, they can't be beat. They are very warm and you will stay dry. Now is the best time to buy them, most store's area starting to put their winter boot's on clearance.

#11 ·
For the money, you can't beat the Mickeys GI. As Mike said, good wool socks. In the army wore ladies kneehighs underthe wool socks. I have some first layer wicking socks I wear now but pretty much still just nylons.

The nylon layer keeps you from getting blisters and also helps with circulation for less heat loss.

Also depends on your mobility needs. A big heavy boot might work for you if you aren't walking much. If you are planning on walking a lot you might be happier with a lighter boot and then use boot covers while you sit.

Rubber is water proof forever, everything else is waterproof for a while.

#17 ·
Been wearing Mickey's for work and fishing the last six years I don't get cold any more. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

#18 ·
Dog gone it, it doesn't matter what boot I wear, I still get cold feet if I set on stand or ice fish for long periods. (got cold feet on a previous marriage and should have paid attention to it;)).

I'm still wearing a pair if Iceman's that I've had for quite some time. One thing that helps a little........ The guides in Saskatchewan have always told us to make sure boots were one or two sizes larger than needed, layer, and to NEVER tie your laces tight. Keep the laces loose, which allows more circulation.

#19 ·
My feet are cold even when it is hot!

Gold Bond foot powder to keep them dry inside followed by thin polypropolene socks with good wool over them and keep them loose.

Rubber mouse boots make my feet sweat and just don't work for me.

LaCrosse and Sorel's with the felt liner and thick soles do the job and a piece of foam board to keep my feet up off the ice is a must.

Gary

#25 · (Edited)
Dont know the name of these Lacross boots. They have a felt liner but the upper out side of the boot is leather. Guy who gave them too me put some waterproof stuff on them that he uses. Guess the name wore off. Can still see Lacross. Should work great I wear a size 12 tennis shoe and these are 13's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.