Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

how can I find out who owns a piece of land?

8K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  blacklight 
#1 ·
It is a big woods (10 acres maybe) surrounded by more woods and a few homes. how can I find out who owns it?

Thanks for all your help

jworst

#2 ·
plat book

usually the county office will let you photocopy pages for a small fee - so you dont have to purchase the whole book

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is a big woods (10 acres maybe) surrounded by more woods and a few homes. how can I find out who owns it?

Thanks for all your help

jworst
Stand in the middle of it dressed head to toe in hunter orange on November 15th. I'm sure someone will inform you who owns it.:lol::lol::lol: Of course I'm kidding!
The platte book is the best way to go or go to the county register of deeds.

Big T

#7 · (Edited)
Some county equalization depts have the info online.

Montcalm county is one. There site is real good, just takes a while to figure out how it works. You can put
property lines on the aerial and click on the dot and it gives you the owners name, mailing address and other info.

Thanks Wade (see post #8) That is the maps I was talking about in this post. It takes a little trying differnet ways to get what you want. I was on my way out the door when I made thsi post and wanted to get up in my NO DEER Seen again blind.

#9 ·

Thanks for all your help

jworst
LOL 10 acres Big Woods lol

Yeah the plat book is the way to go. I have about 30 platbooks from various counties in Michigan .If you send me a little more info I will check to see if I have what you need and send you a copy for free.I wouldnt do it the other way on the 15th .Could getshot at !

#15 ·
Some county equalization depts have the info online.

Montcalm county is one. There site is real good, just takes a while to figure out how it works. You can put
property lines on the aerial and click on the dot and it gives you the owners name, mailing address and other info.

Thanks Wade (see post #8) That is the maps I was talking about in this post. It takes a little trying differnet ways to get what you want. I was on my way out the door when I made thsi post and wanted to get up in my NO DEER Seen again blind.
Ottawa county has the same thing. Really fun thing to do when your bored

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.