Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Archery
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Archery Main forum for archery shoots and tournaments, and subforums for Archery Tech (Compounds), Crossbows, and Traditional Archery.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 2Users Photo Gallery
Default 2013 Mathews are out...

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Three bows, all 30.5" ATA or less. One split cam, a new Monster and a very similar to other Mathews solo cam bows. Just the usual. No longer ATA's, no amazing speeds, etc. I'm sure they'll sell though. Everyone around my area doesn't even seem to know there are other manufacturers out there.

Creed
ZXT
Monster Chill

I'm still contemplating selling my 2012 Elite Answer to upgrade to their 2013 Answer. Anyone interested?...PM me a bid...
"Once you cross our State line and go into other Midwestern states to bowhunt, it is like going to another world. Life as a bowhunter is just not fair if you happen to live and hunt in Michigan." ~ John Eberhart

"They don't need boot camps in Ohio." ~ Standsniper
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Master Sportsman

Yeah I was disappointed, looks like they just switched the names on the old models. So much for "reinventing the wheel". This is why I switched from Mathews to Hoyt this past year. Love it and not looking back anytime soon
Remove this ad...  
Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Guide

The new line doesnt look good at all. I cant belive I waited for this. The creed looks like a single cam waffle maker. Ill stick with my Switchback, seems like mathews hasn't made a good bow since.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Photos: 4Users Photo Gallery

Of the new Mathews ill shoot the ZXT to see how it is. Been on a search for a suuuuuper smooth bow that melts in my hands.

Shot the Heli-m last year and was disappointed. I did like the Hoyt vector, but just wasn't sold I guess.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not their lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

"Don't like the current status of your game area? ...find out who's in charge and ask them what you can do to help." - BradU20

Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Guide

I shot a Mathews Heli-M, a Mathews Creed and a Hoyt Element this week back to back. Really liked the smoothness of the Heli-M but man did that Element feel great when I pulled the trigger. Having not shot much in the last 10 years technology has really come along way. Having a hard time deciding between the Heli and the Element. What do some of you experts think?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
The Waz-Man Cometh
Rank Type

Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery

im no expert but when i was searching for my new bow back in august, i found the same thing when shooting the hoyt...i ended up buying the vector turbo and am very glad i did! that baby is so smooth and feels so right after pulling the trigger that i couldnt imagine buying anything else...id go hoyt all the way!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM
The Waz-Man Cometh
Rank Type

Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88luneke View Post
Of the new Mathews ill shoot the ZXT to see how it is. Been on a search for a suuuuuper smooth bow that melts in my hands.

Shot the Heli-m last year and was disappointed. I did like the Hoyt vector, but just wasn't sold I guess.
i wouldnt think twice about buying that vector...matthews could only dream of building a similar bow
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Ohhhh I see a trip to Jays to shoot a bunch of bows lol or to the pro shop back home.

Honesty wanting to shoot a Switchback if I can find one at a shop.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"The difference between a successful person and others is not their lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

"Don't like the current status of your game area? ...find out who's in charge and ask them what you can do to help." - BradU20

Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Shot the ZXT and the Z7 extreme today....the ZXT can't even hold the extreme's jock.

Think I may have found my "baby bottom smooth" bow

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire