Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Looks like the last weekend for open water...

6K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Dan(MI) 
#1 ·
Anyone heading back down to Huron or trying BB this weekend?

Weather looks good, cold start to each day - but more importantly, winds and waves are forecast to be reasonable...

#6 ·
Huron or Catawba sat. I'd like to fish Catawba save me an hr round trip. But haven't heard much from that way. Was a Huron sunday. Marked tons of fish all day. Couldn't get them to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Thats exactly what we saw Sunday as well... It was crazy how many we marked but no takers deep. We got our 2 higher up in the water column.

We tried to perch outside of the river mouth - that was even crazier - a solid 4' - 6' band of bait fish off the bottom - pure yellow and red... I wanted to try and troll the outside of it, but the other guys had enough... I figured it was getting late and maybe, just maybe the eye's were coming in to feed (chasing bait shallow) and if I could get my lines just to the outside edge...

#8 ·
AT least I wasn't the only one not catching fish! Sunday two hits lost both. Monday two hits landed both. Both days they were all in the morning and nothing after noon. Too busy this weekend to make the drive to Huron so I think we're done. Good luck on the ice everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.