Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

saginaw river ice

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ice fish junkie 
#1 ·
What's ur predictions? I'm thinking/hoping 1st week of the new year. I have been chomping at the bit. Got the new otter cabin all set and ready to fish

#10 ·
If the forcast out is true, I'll be on it Jan.10th or sooner...write it down!;):D Water is already near 32, won't take much to start it iceing over. Low precip, and highs in 20's,lows in teens or single digits, it will only take 3 to 5 days to make 3" of ice which will be plenty:) Have spud will travel. Be safe everyone, the river is loaded, hopefully first ice is great.

#11 ·
If the forcast out is true, I'll be on it Jan.10th or sooner...write it down!;):D Water is already near 32, won't take much to start it iceing over. Low precip, and highs in 20's,lows in teens or single digits, it will only take 3 to 5 days to make 3" of ice which will be plenty:) Have spud will travel. Be safe everyone, the river is loaded, hopefully first ice is great.
Exactly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#12 ·
Yup wont take long. Until then we will just tear up with the long rods.

#15 ·
Fished on the ice Friday morning, went back Saturday afternoon. It got down to 10 Friday night. Our holes from Friday had 2" of ice on them Saturday. Like Ralph said, won't take long

#16 ·
Ya. Temps are starting to look good coming up this week. How much rain did u get over there. Run off and higher volume and flow could slow it down a touch. When there's a good three inches please let us westerners know. My fiance and I ready to go with the new otter. Saginaw walleye and muskegon perch here we come. Tight lines and merry Christmas to all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.