Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Wixom lake.

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  droptine989 
#1 ·
Stopped on my way through at the dnr launch. Froze all the way up and down and across. Walked out about 20 yards. Spud went through in one good whack. I didn't measure but the ice was about 2 inches. Definitely more than a inch and a half. I handle lumber all day so I know what a inch and a half is lol. East branch as far as I could see was open.

#2 ·
Ice on wixom. How's it look today?

#19 ·
Good job. Ya wixom can be very good. Last year I was actually getting tired of catching crappies by Christmas. If you ever need someone to go shoot me a PM, always looking to meet some people who fish wixom. Seems like I go by myself a lot
If you get tired if crappies, give me a pm. Would love some pannies. Don't get many over here, just eyes and perch.

#21 ·
Any recent updates? I have vacation and will be out on Thursday looking for some fish. Really hoping to hit the canal on red oak maybe the boat launch if I can't access the canal.

#23 ·
I don't think it opened up but I'm sure the ice isn't very good. They are really lowering the lake, the stumps across from my house are showing about 3 foot which you hardly see

I keep my pontoon up there during the summer I heard rumor about them dropping the water levels so they can do construction on the dam how much do you think they have dropped water already?

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

#24 ·
Any recent updates? I have vacation and will be out on Thursday looking for some fish. Really hoping to hit the canal on red oak maybe the boat launch if I can't access the canal.
I haven't been out this year, but I can say from my past experiences, I wouldn't be going to red oak canal, that's a really good spot first ice before they start lowering the lake, end of brushaber rd. (depending on conditions) would be where I went, fish the drop offs and you can catch both gills and crappies

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.