Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

fox recipes ?

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Fuzzz 
#1 ·
My father and I enjoy hunting and trapping. He is firm believer not to waste anything from the wild. He loves to try new recipes with wild game he shoots or traps. We are wondering if anyone has ever had fox or has any recipes or any ideas of how to cook it? Any help would do thank you.

#2 ·
What an unusual question. I guess that you could prepare it like cat or dog.....you would need to check a Vietnamese cookbook for that info. Would you be willing to come to a wild game dinner in Lapeer County next month ? I would be willing to try a few bites.:D
L & O

#6 ·
i don't know about fox, but i've got a stray cat wanderin around the house. i guess if i fatten him up, in a couple months i could throw it on the spit. lol. seriously, though, i don't think anyone would think you were being wasteful if you didn't eat the foxes you shoot. if i felt i needed to eat everything i shot, i think i'd quit hunting foxes, coyotes, woodchucks and muskrats. that's fer sure!:D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.