Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Luther High Fence Area

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mid-Michigan Rick 
#1 ·
Whats the scoop on the big high fence area just north of Luther?

#4 ·
Runs state street west to Voss. 6 mile I believe is the southern boarder. Almost appeared to be two operations divided by Voss road. Thanks for the response.
It is 2 operations, On the east and north (where it curves) of Kings highway is 1400 acres fenced and dirt bermed. They have a mini airport shooting range, race Hummers, but no animals. Owned by a wealthy gent out of Chicago, seems they wanted the ultimate in privacy! **currently for sale at $3,750,000.00

The fence on the west is 1800+ acres owned by an even wealthier Texan, (an owner of Waste Management) which bought all the contiguous acres he needed for sale or not. He bought many parcels that were not for sale (5 homes as well) and paid double to triple the "good" market price, letting the fire department do practice burns on 2 homes he didn't want.

I wish they knocked at my door, I'm only a mile south...:lol:

#5 ·
I've been hunting on the East side of that property for the last 12 years. I've always wondered if they had to pay for all the deer that got fenced in. The big fence really changed how the deer move in that area. Back in the good-old-days, we used to shine hundreds of deer in those fields! Now your lucky to see 30!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.