michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > IceFishingMichigan.com > Icefishing Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Guide

Photos: 3Users Photo Gallery
Default Old hooters< mystequay no parking! Saginaw river

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
If you need to excercise your rights. Here is a link...They might block off the parking lots, however you can freely walk through their properties to access OUR RIVER FOR THE USE OF RECREATIONAL PURPOSES.

Also if you need to find out who owns what property in Saginaw county
use:
www.sagagis.org

PUBLIC RIGHTS ON MICHIGAN WATERS
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Water97e_142928_7.pdf

I am sick of Liberals trying to take away my fishing rights...as well as property owners who have the bs thought that we are going take them to court if we get hurt on their property.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Guide

Ya its some BS the put that gate up in front of the old Hoots today while some buds were parked fishing there. I'm actually not so sure that gate survived the morning. Its an abandoned building no one cares about and is unlikely to ever go back into use. They'd be better off donating it to the city who could level the building and make it a parking area for river access.

Pretty sad day tho...been parking there for as long as I can remember. Since way before Hooters moved outta there. Our crew fishes that spot religiously I don't think there's been an am or pm bite during safe ice we haven't had at least one guy down there. For the most part just hard core guys down there who don't trash the spot like everywhere else on the river. Sure you can park across the river but unless its the middle of a deep freeze I don't like walking across the river there, too. unpredictable.

We were all well aware of the access laws when Mistequay posted earlier this year. Really didn't think Wolgast would follow suit. In Mistequays defense there were idiots last year parking in front of their loading docks while they were open, before that we had no problems parking there either.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery

Welcome to Saginaw fellas.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Guide

Default did some thinking

i think its just a plause to keep the idiots away. dont think they will press the issue, i think i will test the issue.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Michigan Sportsman

I think that's why I quit fishing the river seriously along time ago.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye123 View Post
i think its just a plause to keep the idiots away. dont think they will press the issue, i think i will test the issue.
Ya its already being tested right now.....BTW we've prolly talked if your down there alot.

I fish outta the Yukon Trap usually set up right next to my buddy's Scout. Along with our other buds Clam we set up our big blue defensive line bout 100 yards downstream(edit) of the old restaurant.

Last edited by Baybum; 02-09-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Guide

Default yeah

I was down there last night with a group 5 of us, one green otter shanty. pretty fun, 2 friends came down from traverse city.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Guide

Default baybum

maybe ill meet you down there sometime, pm me,,,,my wife is home...time to leave and go fishing.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Banned

Photos: 12Users Photo Gallery

Access used to be pretty much unlimited, seems to get worse every year. Hooters? what about hollys, way to many newbe's used to park at jr hineamens as well. Treasure island on the other side of the bridge too. Oh how things have changed, pretty much for the worse carry on boys
Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Back in the old days Holly's actually encouraged ice fisherman to park there. It gave people something to look at while they had dinner. Back when it first started there was'nt a fraction of the people fishing it that there are now. Big crowds always seem to draw trouble.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsoup View Post
Back in the old days Holly's actually encouraged ice fisherman to park there. It gave people something to look at while they had dinner. Back when it first started there was'nt a fraction of the people fishing it that there are now. Big crowds always seem to draw trouble.

Thing is its rarely that crowded anymore....tourists can't find bottom with the current there and access kinda sucks obviously. Pretty much the same 3 groups, one by the bridge, us downstream from the restaurant and a group in the middle off the drain by the cardio building. The big white permanent shack and their crew finally set up by the cove just last week.

Last edited by Baybum; 02-09-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Tracker

Photos: 4Users Photo Gallery
Default misty

my uncle works for them and he said the owner will push the issue if he see's people in his lot he will get them for tresspassing only hope you have is the bros kill someone and the cops can not come down there his issue is the same as everybody else it is the litter there are some real slobs in this world
Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned

Photos: 12Users Photo Gallery

too bad, can you blame them. All it takes is a few bad eggs to ruin it for everyone. As far as our rights, you may be able to walk along side the river but can't just park where ever you want and cross someones property. Afterall someone is paying taxes on that property.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Guide

Default phone #

Last night 6 cars were parked in the old hooters, brave to take down the snow fence they put up. Just ticks me off. I have no respect for Wolgast and Mistequay. They both could give a crap less about fisherman. They probably just are bitchy because they see us out their windows having fun while they are in there working. BS