Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Another payoff

2K views 29 replies 30 participants last post by  Sportsman1933 
#1 ·
I wasn't going to post this on the main page but Jwoody inspired me to share some success.
Many of you know I have been a habitat junkie for a long, long time so I thought it would be good to post this in the habitat section.
Granted, we are in a great area and have very likeminded neighbors, but I feel like all of my habitat work on this farm has us consistently killing some great bucks. Its all about habitat and if you build it, they will come. I only have 43 acres and it is on the end of a large block of naturally good habitat. If I didn't do the things I do, and hunt the way I do, and set up my farm the way I do, (many of the things I have learned on here) I truly believe we wouldn't be able to kill these bucks.
The point is, make a plan, keep at it and make it as good as you can. It definitely pays off.
Taken in Branch County, on the heels of a nice cold front. Not my biggest score wise but the hunt was outstanding.
Smile Sky Plant Hunting Cloud

See less See more
#6 ·
I wasn't going to post this on the main page but Jwoody inspired me to share some success.
Many of you know I have been a habitat junkie for a long, long time so I thought it would be good to post this in the habitat section.
Granted, we are in a great area and have very likeminded neighbors, but I feel like all of my habitat work on this farm has us consistently killing some great bucks. Its all about habitat and if you build it, they will come. I only have 43 acres and it is on the end of a large block of naturally good habitat. If I didn't do the things I do, and hunt the way I do, and set up my farm the way I do, (many of the things I have learned on here) I truly believe we wouldn't be able to kill these bucks.
The point is, make a plan, keep at it and make it as good as you can. It definitely pays off.
Taken in Branch County, on the heels of a nice cold front. Not my biggest score wise but the hunt was outstanding.
View attachment 230829
Mainframe 12s are cool! Congratulations on your well earned payoff!

#9 ·
Congrats on a great buck, and I can not agree more with you on your habitat improvements statements.

#14 ·
Congrats on an excellent buck!
<----<<<

#18 ·
Having toured your property I know first hand how hard and long you've worked to make it what it is. He is another WELL EARNED buck! :cool:

#26 ·
Congratulations on a great deer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.