Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Windover Lake

688 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Tom Thel 
#1 ·
Headed up to Windover lake, just west of lake George, this weekend. Just looking for any fishing advice. IE; species in body of water, areas of hot spots, lures/rigs used. Anything would be appreciated as it will be my first time fishing this lake.

#2 ·
I fished it years ago with my wife. If I remember correctly we did pretty good on bass. Not the kind of lake she likes though, she prefers non-developed, so we haven't been back.
I assume we used our usual tactic of small unweighted worms or other small lures on light/ultralight tackle. Paddling the canoe around the edge casting to visible cover and fishing the drop-off.
Btw, I do remember that was the lake where we had a young loon swim under our canoe.

#3 ·
I fished it years ago with my wife. If I remember correctly we did pretty good on bass. Not the kind of lake she likes though, she prefers non-developed, so we haven't been back.
I assume we used our usual tactic of small unweighted worms or other small lures on light/ultralight tackle. Paddling the canoe around the edge casting to visible cover and fishing the drop-off.
Btw, I do remember that was the lake where we had a young loon swim under our canoe.

Thanks for the insight. I do know that there is a wire loon nest on the lake where they nest and raise their youngins. Are you catching LM or SM?

#10 ·
I work with a guy that has a cottage on windover Lake. He's there every weekend. He does great on bass with his kids. Nice Bass too. Guess there are some nice northerns in the lake too. Just hard to find and catch. He says it's spring fed and deep for a small lake. Says there are Bass tournaments on it as well. Kinda small for that but he says he watches all the fancy Bass boats fishing against each other. He uses senkos and ochos wacky rigged or Texas rigged and gets lots of good bass off dropoffs around the lake.

#11 ·
Yeah, i know of the deep hole on the east side of the lake where it is said to have some nice northerns, but yet to have a chance to bring any in. I have caught alot of nice largies in the shallows around submerged vegetation recently, just limited because i have a kayak with no depth/fish finder. I appreciate the info though, looking to get out again and have some tight lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.