Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Schooley Arctic Blue 36"

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  GrouseMD 
#1 ·
I'm looking for an old Schooley Artic Blue 36". The new ones seem to be quite a bit stiffer than the older blanks. PM me is you have one you would like to sell. I live in the Lansing area.

#6 ·
Ice Blues are heard to beat. I've got some really nice long rods, Higley's and Patriot's, but I often find it is too windy on those finesse bite days. I've got 2 of each of the ice blue lights in 18, 24, 30, and 36. I also have a medium 36 and 48. These rods get more use than any of my high end rods. You won't be disappointed and I don't think I have ever paid more than $9.99 for any of them. I like the 36 medium with a pimple or hali for finding perch, but use the 30 lights for gills and specks. 18's and 24's for the shack or high winds.

#7 ·
Thanks folks. I'll look into the patriots, but I used the HT for the first time this past weekend and found it to be just what I was looking for. Jigged some super finicky crappie after dark with it. Presented the bait really well and was able to detect some super light bites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.