Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

What is your favorite way to hunt?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Huntfish247 
#1 ·
I am a grouse hunter first and foremost. I can hunt alone or with friends. With or without a dog. Early season or late. I also hunt many other game animals, large and small. And after 38 years of chasing game I decided my absolute favorite thing to do and it does not involve grouse but pheasants. Not just typical pheasant hunting but one particular method. I love getting out after a fresh snow, no dog, no friends, just me and fresh tracks. The hard part is finding a place with birds but when I do there is nothing I like better than tracking a rooster, usually a very long distance, before finally getting him to flush. And even then a shot is not always possible.

#4 ·
My favorite way to hunt is alone in the thickest, nastious cover that I can locate in a given area. My favorite animals to hunt are rabbits & brook trout.

#8 ·
Snowshoe hare hunting on snowshoes with a pellet gun. Put on a lot of miles but only average about one hare per year. Very quiet when the snow is deep and almost never even see tracks of other people in the woods.
Next time you go learn to look for the black dots in the snow. That would be a snowshoe looking at you from under some brush. Once you figure it out you can kill 3 or more every trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.