Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Delayed gun purchase at Cabelas?

11K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  passport 
#1 ·
Went to Cabelas last night to purchase a shotgun. After filling everything out and waiting about 30 minutes the employee told me my back round check has been delayed for review and said it may take up to 6 business days to get a response. Does this happen often? The only thing on my record is a MIP from 13 years ago and I was in a bar fight when I was 21, 10 years ago, but was not a felony. Is this going to prevent me from purchasing a gun?

#7 ·
6 days is probably a cabelas rule
I really doubt that. Government says pass or not.

I do wonder if Cabelas drags their feet, like a super club sitting you at the bar. They are incredibably slow.

I was talking to dealer last week, and he did say it seemed like a lot of new people when he called, and how it was busy at odd times.

Ya sales have been up since Obama was re-elected. But I wonder if it is back door gun control. Cut staff and budget.

#9 ·
I have never been delay on a check. I am just saying I have been stuck waiting longer in the store, then I have been at other places. I have to wonder if it they are giving me time to shop.

#10 ·
That is totally possible and in most cases will work lol.

I was once arrested on a felony assault charge that was reduced to misdemeanor after court. I will most likely get delayed every time I purchase a gun. A bar fight from years ago still haunts me lol.

#14 ·
I have been on delay all 3 times I bought a gun there. Never been on delay anyplace else and I have a pretty nasty gun habit. I feel its there on line system, this seems to be a trend with them as other I know have experienced the same.

As other have said CPL cures the issue as it will most likely get worse as sales increase......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.