Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

tried to order a pellet rifle?

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  jimbofish 
#1 ·
what the heck? I found a great deal on a benjamin air rifle online and when I went to make the purchase I was informed that they wont ship to Michigan. I can go to walmart and by the crap they sell. so whats the deal?

#14 ·
Michigan law has just been changed this July - Prior to that all rifled air guns were classified as firearms and illegal to ship to MI via mail order. If you got one they broke the law prior to July 2015.

Now air guns are specifically not defined as firearms and are OK to ship to MI.

Not all retailers have updated with the recent law change; it may take a few months but the industry will catch on quick with competitors taking orders away from those who still won't ship to MI.

Don't be too harsh on the retailers; its been the law they had to follow for decades prior to just now.

#19 ·
Just after the law changed, I contacted Pyramid Air and another I can't recall off hand about their posted policy and they both said they started shipping immediately. The posted policy against shipping to MI was still there even though they were in fact shipping to MI. The website will take awhile to get updated. I guess.

Walmart is a different story IME. There are many smooth bore BB guns that should have been legal to ship even before the law changed that bring up the warning that they cannot be shipped to MI. That is, they didn't ship some guns previously or presently, even to the store. Other companies have always shipped the identical items. Walmart must have some internal reason for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.