PDA

View Full Version : CVA muzzle loader

comanche180
01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I have a CVA Otima Pro. in .45 caliber. I have been shooting 100gr 777 pellets with Power belt 225gr bullets. I have shot 3 deer and have not been impressed with the overall performance. I was thinking of changing to 150grm 777. I have now heard rumor of numerous barrel and or breach pug explosions and or failures. Has anyone here heard of the same?:yikes:

Sib
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Use the search tool on the site for powerbelts, there have been a number of dissatisfied members on their performance if I recall.

steveh27
01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
In Outdoor Life, Aug, 2006, there was an article "Long Range Muzzleloaders". They covered two guns one of which was the CVA .45 Optima Elite. I'm not sure how different that is from your model. Chad Schearer, CVA's director of media relations, used 150 grains of Pyrodex (3 50 gr pellets), 777 Winchester primer and a 275 gr Power Belt Aerotip bullet. He shoots very well over 200 yds.

I kept this article out as I was thinking about getting this setup.

comanche180
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
The only difference to the Elite and mine is the Elite allows you to change barrels. I am more concerned over the alleged barrel and breach plug issue as I would be required to move up the magnum charge. I guess I could just change bullets.

yooperkenny
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
... I have now heard rumor of numerous barrel and or breach pug explosions and or failures. Has anyone here heard of the same?:yikes:

Yes, I've heard of this. CVA's barrels are made in Spain, I believe. They did have some issues with some bad steel a while back but my understanding is that there was a recall and it's no longer a problem. I've used a CVA Plainshunter .50 cal for years with no issues (and killed several deer with it).

Sorry for the sketchy info; I sure you can learn more about this by searching this or other firearms sites or maybe on CVA's website. Good Luck...

malainse
01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I have shot 3 deer and have not been impressed with the overall performance.

You shot or killed 3 deer ?? What is the problem with the performance ? I would first swich to another bullet.

comanche180
01-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I have killed 3 deer the trouble I had to chase 2 of them a considerable distance with having shot them in the kill ring each time. the damage was minimal and the bullet never passed thru.
Thanks for the infor I will check othe threads and web sites.

wintrrun
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
As for jumping up to a 150gr. load?
I would contact CVA directly on their site and pose the question.
Give them your gun info including the serial #.
They should be able to answer wether your gun barrel is good for a 150gr load.
As for the powerbelts?
Out of the 3 i recovered out of deer, not one expanded. You might as well be shooting a stainless steel ball bearing.
Try shooting a few different brands thru it. I have had great luck with Barnes in my .50 Optima Elite and also with Hornady's in a .45 Optima Elite and they both have penetrated, expanded and done their job.
Both guns are reliable out to 200yd's using 100gr of 777.

BR549
01-11-2009, 09:05 AM
You shot or killed 3 deer ?? What is the problem with the performance ? I would first swich to another bullet.
:yeahthat:
A friend was using (key words - was using) .45 Powerbelts on deer. Simply put, they expanded too much and lacked penetration. I'd go to a heavier, more conventional type bullet. Light bullets simply fall on their face over a distance. A heavy bullet will penetrate more.

Steve
01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
What bullets would you guys recommend for this gun. I'd be a little reluctant to change since this is the recommended CVA load.

houlihoop_
01-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I am shooting 100 grs pyrodex pellets with barnes expander mx 245gr awesome performance in my cva.

malainse
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
What bullets would you guys recommend for this gun. .

Steve, did you buy the .45 or the .50 cal ?

Doeboy
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I 2 have a CVA and love it, the only prob is that the bullet expanded to fast. Just switch bullet, or keep the speed down.

jacobs357
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I have just ordered a .50 Cal CVA Acura muzzleloader and wanted to know what is the best bullet, size and type to use with this gun.

sniper's mojo
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I have killed 3 deer the trouble I had to chase 2 of them a considerable distance with having shot them in the kill ring each time. the damage was minimal and the bullet never passed thru.
Thanks for the infor I will check othe threads and web sites.

What, bad bullet perfomance from a powerbelt????:lol::lol::lol: Par for the course! Of course CVA recommends them, they also sell them.:rant: Hornady xtp's, hornady sst/ml, barnes expanderz, barnes mxz, and any other bullet under the sun besides those pieces of shi% will make you happy out of that gun.

mudvr1212
01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.prbullet.com/

I bought these two years ago and shoot 100 gr. of 777 pellets with a 240 gr. Dead Center .40 out of my Optima Elite .50. I'm zeroed at 125 with 3 bullets inside of 1.5 inches!!! NOT BAD!!!

I'm also going to try their Breech Plug conversion kit. It lets you shoot a SMALL rifle primer instead of the 209's!!! You just put the primer in an ACTUAL shell from a .25 ACP. Pretty sweet.

I'm sticking with these. I dropped a doe at 125 yards double lung complete pass through. Total destruction.

Jet08
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
The first thing I would do is loose the powerbelts. I used to shoot them and the people I hunted agreed with me, poor performance. If it was not for the snow in most instances when a muzzleloader is being used, a lot of my deer would not have been found when I was using powerbelts, with kill shots. Now that I have switched bullets it has been great. I had a 245 grain bullet, with 115 grains of loose powder pass through a deer length wise! I had never seen anything like that until then.

IMO I would switch to barnes expanders. I have been impressed time and time again with their ML bullet as well as their Federal Ammunition slugs.

glockman55
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
What, bad bullet perfomance from a powerbelt????:lol::lol::lol: Par for the course! Of course CVA recommends them, they also sell them.:rant: Hornady xtp's, hornady sst/ml, barnes expanderz, barnes mxz, and any other bullet under the sun besides those pieces of shi% will make you happy out of that gun.

:yeahthat:

inkwithattitude
08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
I have just ordered a .50 Cal CVA Acura muzzleloader and wanted to know what is the best bullet, size and type to use with this gun. hello all i also own a cva accura stainless barrel running a 200gr saboted T/C aftershock in 50 cal being pushed by 90 gr of 777 loose ffg (burns way better than any pellet) and a winchester 777 primer and pushing 250 yds accurately and with enough punch to dump them in there tracks, with a suprising 8 in of drop from 150 (zeroed) the same load with a barnes mz was average of 12 in drop

rugertough
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I use hornady xtp in 240 grain with 100 grains of pyrodex in my cva Kodiak and there are very accurate.

ds541
08-12-2010, 08:02 PM
i shoot a 50 cal accura w/a ss barrel ,last yr i used 2 pellets of white hot and 240gr xtp bullet very good shooter.this yr i'm changing my bullet to a barnes expander and i'm trying kleenbore primers to try and reduce the crud ring.may even give buckhorn 209 powder a try.

Swamp Monster
08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
You want a simple and straight forward answer?

Powerbelts suck!! It really is that simple.

frontier gander
08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I have a CVA Otima Pro. in .45 caliber. I have been shooting 100gr 777 pellets with Power belt 225gr bullets. I have shot 3 deer and have not been impressed with the overall performance. I was thinking of changing to 150grm 777. I have now heard rumor of numerous barrel and or breach pug explosions and or failures. Has anyone here heard of the same?:yikes:

Those articles about CVA's exploding are done by a writer by the name of randy wakeman. Hes a shill that talks down on cva and promotes savage muzzleloading.

cva in 1995 and 1996 had trouble with their breech plugs coming out but took care of the problem, BPI bought out CVA and quality has really increased greatly, especially in 2009 and 2010.

The writer simply just uses Scare Tactics to scare off the newbie shooters. His scan has worked in the past but since others like myself have been telling the real story about HIM, those new guys calm down and enjoy their rifles.

Try the 300gr Powerbelt Platinum, that bullet is one awesome .45cal slug!

frontier gander
08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
You want a simple and straight forward answer?

Powerbelts suck!! It really is that simple.

Yeah?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Powder/PowerbeltAPPAccura2.jpg

.403" 3 shot group isn't to shabby for one them sucky powerbelts i guess.

Swamp Monster
08-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Powder/PowerbeltAPPAccura2.jpg

Um, yeah!
I knew someone would chime in with a "target". I don't know about you but I feel judging a bullets overall "performance" by punching paper is well, kind of ridiculous! You would be hard pressed to find a bullet today that is not accurate when fired in a suitable firearm. If one can't find an accurate bullet today they either can't shoot, or they have a bad rifle. Performance on game is key. Afterall, a bullets job is to find it mark and then destroy tissue. Sure, the cheaply make powerbelts can find there mark, but their on game performance can often times be horrible. This in direct relation to horrible quality control. The original lead powerbelts (even the "colored" lead powerbelts...(you know the ones made to fool those that didn't know any better into thinking they were shooting a jacketed bullet!) were the worst of the bunch. No expansion, to much expansion, brittle lead etc, etc. I've seen it on game myself just under a dozen times. Powerbelt quality control sucks so badly that I feel their use is almost inhumane. Thanks, but I'll use a real rifle bullet from a real rifle bullet maker in my muzzleloader.

On a side note my original Rem 700 mls loved the 348gr powerbelts but after numerous tracking and recovery jobs with others using powerbelts, I tossed them in the trash.

frontier gander
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
yeah?

225gr .45 powerbelt aerotio, 80gr 3F T7.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Mule%20deer%20Doe/100_3476.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Mule%20deer%20Doe/100_3474.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Mule%20deer%20Doe/100_3475.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Mule%20deer%20Doe/100_3483.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Mule%20deer%20Doe/100_3482.jpg

frontier gander
08-13-2010, 02:14 PM
And the copper on the powerbelts was never intended to fool people into thinking it was a jacketed bullet, thats just the way you took it. Its purpose was to reduce leading in the barrel. It also adds some strength to the bullet vs the pure head series.

i guess when you shoot over 4,000 of them per year, you do learn things :lol:

Sib
08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Not everyone that shoots power belts dislikes them, but there seems to be an extraordinary high amount of people that have had bad experience in the field with them. No other projectile gets panned by so many former users.

The judge of a good bullet is not a well places shot, but a marginal shot that gives the same results as a well placed shot. Of course, I'm not advocating taking margin shots, I'm only recognizing that we as hunters are less than perfect. I've been an xtp user for some time. If I changed I'd probably look hard at Barnes. If power belts were in the bargain bin, I still wouldn't pick them up.

Swamp Monster
08-13-2010, 04:32 PM
And the copper on the powerbelts was never intended to fool people into thinking it was a jacketed bullet, thats just the way you took it. Its purpose was to reduce leading in the barrel. It also adds some strength to the bullet vs the pure head series.

i guess when you shoot over 4,000 of them per year, you do learn things :lol:

I never stated they don't kill deer. One picture doesn't offer much proof of anything other than that one bullet. Looks like it performed great for you congrats! One would be interested to see what kind of performance that same bullet would have had when seated on top of 100 to 150 grains because that is what many seem to use. Like I said, I've witnessed first hand just under a dozen "kills" that showed horrible bullet performance and all but a couple were picture perfect broadside shots. That is my experience and sadly, many others as well. I had two packages of copper "colored" powerbelts. You could wiope away the copper coloring by rubbing the bullet between two fingers. You're off your rocker if you think that strengthened anything! I think they now have an actual copper plated bullet but 10 years ago, they did not, they were painted to fool people who didn't know any better.
4000 shots a year can surely teach you lots of things, but unless the majority of those shots are on game under field conditions, they aren't teaching you much about on game performance. And it is exactly that, on game performance, that is questionable with powerbelts.

trailwart
08-13-2010, 06:21 PM
i used 245g aero tips and killed deer. i also fought with a few on here a couple years ago, actually i was defending the power belts. But....... reality finally set in on how bad and inconsistent these bullets performed. your target looked like mine, tack driver all day long. i had 2 deer with exit holes, but had 2 deer that all i found inside was hundreds of fragments and a cavity consistent with jello with loss of good meat. i dont want that type of performance, i want expansion with weight retention and have found that, and i still plug paper like that you posted.

frontier gander
08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
wiping the copper plating off a powerbelt with your fingers is truly the biggest BS i've ever heard of!! LOL, thats a good one though. Did you want a picture of the copper plating on a powerbelt? I remelt my recovered powerbelts * i shoot into buckets of sand* and cast round balls or minie balls due to powerbelts being pure soft lead.

wiping the copper off with fingers..... :lol::lol: you gave me a good laugh, i will give you that.

Swamp Monster
08-13-2010, 11:16 PM
If you read what was written I stated it was not copper plating and it wasn't! I also stated they have since changed but 10-11 years ago it was purely copper coloring that could indeed be rubbed off to expose what powerbelts were at the time....a chunk of poorly made lead
Maybe this was before you were on CVA's payroll and weren't aware of the crappy powerbelts but I guarantee you I speak the unbiased truth. You should try it sometime.
Posted via Mobile Device

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 01:44 AM
not on cva's payroll or anyones. This is purely my hobby, my passion.

If you are talking about the original blackbelts, the copper on them is the same as the ones today, same for the lead.

ENCORE
08-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Yeah?

ANY bullet manufacturer can post a photograph like that. Its an advertisement and that's all it is. Then they put up photo in the upper left corner of THAT powder? And sticks???

Who was the shooter that shot this group, date, time, tempature, scope used and its power, bullet seating pressure, variation between the propellent, time between shots, MUCH more information on the rifle used, etc. etc.

It takes an exceptional shooter, with exceptional equipment, with thousands of rounds of shooting, to shoot a 3 shot group with a muzzleloader that's .403" at 100yds. And the bullet itself measures what?

Way too many people get all geeked up over advertisements and as other posters have mentioned, they've "seen the light" and switched bullets because of poor performance. Powerbelts have a history of poor performance, of which you can read about in just about any forum about muzzleloaders, from many shooters. However, a guy will kill a deer with one and its the "best bullet on the market". Well shoot 50 or 60 of them and lets hear how great they are.

I've shot them and they were very poor performers. It took just part of a season and I either gave them away or threw them out. I know many other shooters that have tried them and immediately had either extremely poor accuracy and/or poor performance on deer. ALL the shooters that had tried them, switched.

I guess it really bugs me when someone wants to post an advertisement photo, instead of showing some actual targets that they've shot with that bullet along with some information about when and how the target was shot. What would really amaize me, is to actually see someone that claims to shoot groups like that, ACTUALLY DO IT. My range is open.......

Knight MK-85, 100grs 2f, range approximately 75yds, deer standing completely broadside and if it hadn't been on snow and in a picked corn field, I may not have gotten that deer..... Complete pass thru and into the dirt. Yup, this is performance.......
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/500/PB_Bullet_fired.jpg

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
ANY bullet manufacturer can post a photograph like that. Its an advertisement and that's all it is. Then they put up photo in the upper left corner of THAT powder? And sticks??? No i disagree, Powerbelt has NEVER been able to shoot groups like that for their commercials or for picture targets.

Who was the shooter that shot this group, date, time, tempature, scope used and its power, bullet seating pressure, variation between the propellent, time between shots, MUCH more information on the rifle used, etc. etc. Shooter was me, Not really sure but that may have been in march or earlier some time. Scope is a $60 3-9x32 Bushnell Sportsman. Winchester W209 primers, No swabbing, A few minutes between shots * it was cold out and had to warm my hand after each shot* Info on the rifle used is right on my picture, CVA Accura .50cal A sweet shooting machine!

It takes an exceptional shooter, with exceptional equipment, with thousands of rounds of shooting, to shoot a 3 shot group with a muzzleloader that's .403" at 100yds. And the bullet itself measures what?

A bullet leaves a much smaller hole when its being shot into cardboard.

My other baby is my CVA Optima 2010 model, 100gr blackhorn209, 250gr Thor conical. A nice 1" group @ 100 yards.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/000_0890.jpg

Accura again but with 250gr Thor's this time @ 100 yards. First 3 shots are touching and those 3 had a cool down, the next 2 did not get a cool down.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/Accura%20-%20247%20CO%20Thor/Accura-thor-scoped100012.jpg

Accura with 110gr Pyrodex RS, winchester W209 primers @ 100 yards with the 250gr Thor,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/Accura250grBT004.jpg
This measurement is obviously outside to outside,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/Accura250grBT006.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/Accura%20-%20247%20CO%20Thor/Accura-thor-scoped100003.jpg

Now this should really rattle some chains!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/CVA%20Plainsman/Plainsman405grPowerbelt001.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/CVA%20Plainsman/Plainsman348grPowerbelt004.jpg

I think that should be enough for now.

Steve
08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
ANY bullet manufacturer can post a photograph like that. Its an advertisement and that's all it is. Then they put up photo in the upper left corner of THAT powder? And sticks??? No i disagree, Powerbelt has NEVER been able to shoot groups like that for their commercials or for picture targets.

Who was the shooter that shot this group, date, time, tempature, scope used and its power, bullet seating pressure, variation between the propellent, time between shots, MUCH more information on the rifle used, etc. etc. Shooter was me, Not really sure but that may have been in march or earlier some time. Scope is a $60 3-9x32 Bushnell Sportsman. Winchester W209 primers, No swabbing, A few minutes between shots * it was cold out and had to warm my hand after each shot* Info on the rifle used is right on my picture, CVA Accura .50cal A sweet shooting machine!

A bullet leaves a much smaller hole when its being shot into cardboard.

My other baby is my CVA Optima 2010 model, 100gr blackhorn209, 250gr Thor conical. A nice 1" group @ 100 yards.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/000_0890.jpg

Accura again but with 250gr Thor's this time @ 100 yards. First 3 shots are touching and those 3 had a cool down, the next 2 did not get a cool down.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/Accura%20-%20247%20CO%20Thor/Accura-thor-scoped100012.jpg

Accura with 110gr Pyrodex RS, winchester W209 primers @ 100 yards with the 250gr Thor,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/Accura250grBT004.jpg
This measurement is obviously outside to outside,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/250gr%20Ballistic%20Tip/Accura250grBT006.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Thor%20Bullets/Accura%20-%20247%20CO%20Thor/Accura-thor-scoped100003.jpg

Now this should really rattle some chains!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/CVA%20Plainsman/Plainsman405grPowerbelt001.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/CVA%20Plainsman/Plainsman348grPowerbelt004.jpg

I think that should be enough for now.

Nicely done.

hunt-n-fool
08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
llok at hodgdons website, they dont recommend 150gr of T7 in any muzzleloader.

ruffin'it
08-14-2010, 02:44 PM
150 grains of powder is considered the maximum safe load for most .50 cal magnum muzzleloaders. I am assuming that a magnum load in a .45 would be much less than that of a .50. Just like you would not load a 20 gauge shell with the powder recommendations of a 12 gauge. I shoot a .45 CVA Kodiak Pro with 95 grains pyrodex and a 255 grain TC maxi hunter bullet, they group very well and hit like a freight train.

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
yep those maxi hunters and maxi balls do great in the kodiak .45's I had a winchester apex 45 and 80gr pyrodex rs with the 240gr maxiball with a felt wad, awesome 1" groups @100 yards. It REALLY came alive with a 385gr Paper patched conical.

Swamp Monster
08-14-2010, 03:57 PM
not on cva's payroll or anyones. This is purely my hobby, my passion.

If you are talking about the original blackbelts, the copper on them is the same as the ones today, same for the lead.

As I said, this was not copper plating. It was a gold colored film....best I can describe it was sort of like a moly coating used on rifle bullets but was able to be rubbed off with your fingers. You had to rub it but it would come off. I purchased 3 packs of 348gr hollow points and all three packs had the coating. I'm sure it was put there make buyers that didn't know any better think they were buying a copper jacketed bullet instead of just overpriced soft lead. I have also used the 348 gr with the actual copper plating so I know the difference. Regardless, neither would be considered reliable on game.
Speaking of overpriced....I have to hand it to those powerbelt fellas, how they manage to dupe people into paying anywere from $1.33 to $1.66 for a chunk of solft lead with a thin copper jacket is beyond me. It's funny that a bullet like the Barnes, that is night and day better than anything powerbelt has to offer is only about $1.16 a round. Just makes an already superior product that much better.

Swamp Monster
08-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Well I have to admit, I have learned something. Bullets now shrink when being fired into cardboard! Wow, this is an amazing discovery!! :lol::lol::lol:

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 04:20 PM
it doesnt exactly take a genius to figure out that when you shoot a soft piece of cardboard, you wont get an exact diameter hole. Especially with the pointing bullets. Bullets with a wad cutter type of shape like the hornady great plains, those bullet cut a full diameter hole into cardboard.

Even in soft tissue, i havent found a full diameter hole in game.

Heres an example of a pointy powerbelt on an entrance hole,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Sept%202009/PowerbeltInsert134.jpg

You'll certainly notice it on the exit side.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Sept%202009/PowerbeltInsert139.jpg

ENCORE
08-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Well I have to admit, I have learned something. Bullets now shrink when being fired into cardboard! Wow, this is an amazing discovery!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Now Swamp, we got to give him some credit for his groups. But not Powerbelts, just can't go there.

He doesn't list where he lives. If he were close enough, I'd certanily like to shoot with him sometime this fall. However, trying to get me to go south below a line across the state from Ludington to Standish is pushing it.;)

I AIN'T EVEN GOING FISHING IN THIS HEAT AND HUMIDITY! That's why I'm on this computer right now :sad:

ENCORE
08-14-2010, 07:36 PM
You'll certainly notice it on the exit side.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Sept%202009/PowerbeltInsert139.jpg[/QUOTE]

What this picture shows, and does it very well, is that the bullet hit the rib on exit.

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 08:56 PM
yep that it did. The blood trail she left was 2 feet side and blowing out both sides for 35 yards. I aint ever saw a blood trail like that before, including with a centerfire! :lol:

The entrance shot also hit a rib,
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Sept%202009/PowerbeltInsert142.jpg

Lungs were toast. I think i could fit 3 or 4 finger widths into that hole in the lungs.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/thepowerbeltforum/Sept%202009/PowerbeltInsert137.jpg

frontier gander
08-14-2010, 09:14 PM
He doesn't list where he lives. If he were close enough, I'd certanily like to shoot with him sometime this fall.
:sad:
I AIN'T EVEN GOING FISHING IN THIS HEAT AND HUMIDITY! That's why I'm on this computer right now

Boncarbo Colorado. I do a good deal of traveling to Raton New Mexico as my sister lives there. My brother in law and i go shooting out at the NRA Whittington Center quite often.

Fishing it this heat would be a dream. Im stuck cutting down fire wood during most of the day:rant:

pilsbury38
08-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I've shot plenty of deer with power belts some drop some don't.....but then again same thing happens with my 270:lol: